Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

ETS Group Translucent AR Magazines with Coupling System

ETS Group has some new magazines they've brought to market. I've only had a little time playing with some samples, so I can't say whether I'd run them or not at this point. Their coupling system looks pretty good (if you like coupling systems in the first place) Read on:

Hello everyone,

We would like to start by saying we are excited to be an industry partner and supporter of this great forum. We want to not only answer questions and promote our products, but we also hope we can contribute to the AR forums in a positive manner.

We are a new company and this is our first product, but don't let that fool you. We spent over a year and a half designing, testing, tweaking, and perfecting our mags. We were not going to release an incomplete or inferior product. We started with a couple of ideas like the integrated coupling system and from there the list of potential improvements to the AR mag grew.
    We did not set out to make just "another" AR mag. Our goal was to make the most innovative mag for the AR to date. Some of the notable features of our mags:

•Superior Impact Resistance
    •Integrated Coupling System (No extra parts or tools needed. Couples/uncouples in one second)
    •Transparent for easy round count (very light smoke color)
    •Very High Level Of Chemical Resistance (including DEET)
    •Thermal Stability (From 200*F to -40*, our mag won't become soft from heat or brittle from the cold)
    •A clip on Dust Cover (To keep out dirt and debris, not needed for storing the mag loaded)
    •Special Ribs On The Floor Plate to Aid In Pulling The Mag From A Pouch
    •Specially Designed Ribs on the Housing to Provide Superior Grip, Even with Gloves
    •Specially Designed Floor Plate Makes Disassembly/Assembly Remarkably Fast and Easy for Cleaning and Maintenance
    •Our Advanced Translucent Polymer is Ultra Low Creep So the Feedlips Won't Spread When Stored Fully Loaded.

Our ultimate goal was to create a mag that is so tough and durable that we begin to change the way people think about AR mags. Hopefully they will be thought of as something that will last the life of your rifle. It has been over 50 years since the AR came out and in that time processes and materials have greatly improved the rifles. It's time to apply these advances in technology to the AR mag and bring it into the 21st century...

Below we will post some videos and pictures.
    For more detailed info please visit our website at:
    http://www.etsgroup.us

We are offering a 20% off coupon for all AR15.com members. Simply enter the discount code AR15com at checkout!

Coupled Mag MSRP: $19.99
    Non-Coupled Mag MSRP: $17.99

Downloads
    Uploads
    Saw these in a shop awhile back. They had them with and without coupling system. Wasn't a fan of the coupling system, didn't feel real durable.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    A drop test would sort them out very quickly. That being said, does the polymer magazine market have room for another player? I'd have to believe that Magpul, Tango Down and Lancer have it covered pretty well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Gale View Post
    A drop test would sort them out very quickly. That being said, does the polymer magazine market have room for another player? I'd have to believe that Magpul, Tango Down and Lancer have it covered pretty well.
    Hexmag is new to the market and might become a big player too.

Interested in seeing how durable/structural integrity is. The one post about Magpul attempting to do some sort of clear PMAG resulted in a brittle magazine.

If you go to their website, you can find more pictures. Disassembled - it kind of resembles a PMAG - in my opinion.

The mating side looks interesting.
    Last edited by Thompson; 19 October 2014 at 07:15.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys,
    I just wanted to drop by and let you know that we are here to answer any questions you may have about our mags.

It seems that more than one person in this thread has mentioned durability. We have created a polymer mag that far surpasses other poly mags as far as toughness. In every drop test we have performed not one other polymer mag could withstand a 6 foot drop fully loaded on concrete on it's feedlips. After dropping our mags several times from 6 feet, then dropping them coupled fully loaded with 60 rounds from 6 feet, we could not get them to break. So, we decided to get a little crazy with it. We dropped a mag from 20 feet onto concrete on it's feedlips, it didn't break. We have a video of that drop posted up on our YouTube channel.

The only mag that even comes close in toughness is the lancer, and the steel feedlips do bend before our mag fails. Just to be clear, I don't want to sound like we are bashing other mags, because we are not. We simply want everyone to understand that we have created a mag that is in a league all it's own as far as toughness goes.

If you guys have any questions please feel free to post them and I will answer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ETSGroup - did you also do any test firing after the above mentioned drop/torture tests? If so, did you have any FTF, malfunctions, etc?

Nice video comparison by the way.

In any case; I'm always in the market to try out different magazines. Would love to get my hands on one to try out for myself!

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    ETSGroup - did you also do any test firing after the above mentioned drop/torture tests? If so, did you have any FTF, malfunctions, etc?

Nice video comparison by the way.

In any case; I'm always in the market to try out different magazines. Would love to get my hands on one to try out for myself!
    Yeah, we still use that mag in testing. It has been dropped from 20 feet twice (the camera wasn't one the first time) and we ran over it with an 8000lb truck. Since that testing, we have put 600 rounds through that mag. It's still perfectly fine and sitting on my desk.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not the drop test I was looking for but it's a start. The effects of temperature, chemicals and time will tell the rest of the story. I'll be back in a year and see how things are going.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Gale View Post
    Not the drop test I was looking for but it's a start. The effects of temperature, chemicals and time will tell the rest of the story. I'll be back in a year and see how things are going.
    We did every test that is used for military validation. We tested the mags down to -40 F, up to 200 F for 48 hours, then dropped them and they were not damaged. We have submerged our material in every transportational fluid (aka brake fluid, hydraulic fluid, gas, diesel, jet fuel, ect....) for a week, our plastic was completely unaffected. We also put them in deet, does not react with our plastic. We also tested the effects of heat cycling on our material. We took it to 220 F 10,000 times and it still retained 98% of it's mechanical properties. Our material is far more temperature stable than glass re-enforced Nylon that most mag makers use.

Bottom line, our mag is better in every way. This is no gimmick. We sent almost a year and a half just perfecting our material.

Also, our plastic is ultra low creep, so you can store them fully loaded without worrying about the feedlips spreading.

Our material sounds almost too good to be true until you see the price. It's very expensive so we had to work very hard to be competitively priced in the market. I think we did a good job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello All,
    When we designed our mags there was a good reason we made the button on the bottom the shape of a 5.56 round (besides it looking cool). That reason is our Rapid Recognition System, different colors of followers and base inserts so you can differentiate your mags with a quick glance. We are working on getting these items put up for sale. MSRP will be $6.99 for a set of 4 (4 followers + 4 base inserts). They will be available in blue, green, red, orange, yellow, black, and pink. No need to tape, paint, or otherwise mark your mags for different loads/uses.

Plus, with our see through housing you will be able to see your colors from any angle!
    www.ETSgroup.us

Below are some pics....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck, sounds like a good product. The Lancer is the only polymer mag I use on a regular basis. I may try one of yours without the coupler.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Good luck, sounds like a good product. The Lancer is the only polymer mag I use on a regular basis. I may try one of yours without the coupler.
    Thanks. Lancer makes a good mag. I hope we will exceed your expectations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When we designed our mags there was a good reason we made the button on the bottom the shape of a 5.56 round (besides it looking cool). That reason is our Rapid Recognition System, different colors of followers and base inserts so you can differentiate your mags with a quick glance. We are working on getting these items put up for sale. MSRP will be $6.99 for a set of 4 (4 followers + 4 base inserts). They will be available in blue, green, red, orange, yellow, black, and pink. No need to tape, paint, or otherwise mark your mags for different loads/uses.

Plus, with our see through housing you will be able to see your colors from any angle!
    www.ETSgroup.us

Below are some pics....

Downloads
    Uploads
    ETS, I like the potential of your mags....which is of course why I posted them. May have to try out a few.

Welcome to our corner of the web!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    ETS, I like the potential of your mags....which is of course why I posted them. May have to try out a few.

Welcome to our corner of the web!
    Same here. I really love translucent mags anyways but those followers are slick too.