Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by shimsham View Post
    I'm highly intrigued as to the durability of y'alls magazine over time. Any idea what kind of cycling life one may expect from the follower spring in this magazine before replacement is needed? Is the spring proprietary to y'all, or are there other aftermarket springs which would be compatible for service?
    The stainless steel used for our spring is not new, it's tried and tested. You should expect around 20,000 rounds on the average low side before replacement will be needed. Of course the environment it spends it's life in will make a difference, but that will give you an idea on longevity.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didnt see this asked but how do they fit as far as mag pouches? I'm thinking nylon here not kydex. Mags sit lower in most nylon pouches. Looks like an interesting magazine, I'm going to try a couple.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shot my 300 rounds yesterday through the magazine. 10 loads and reloads. No issues, fed every time. To me the magazine feels pretty solid. Only time will tell how they stack up against already established polymer magazines.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have a few mags that have 6000 rounds through each of them and they are still perfect. We are very excited for everyone to get some good time on our mags. We are confident you all will be impressed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone see the recent news about this? I know ETS can't comment on pending litigation, but Magpul just went after them for patent infringment. This is interesting to me. My wife is in this field(contract and patent law)
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by camomike View Post
    Anyone see the recent news about this? I know ETS can't comment on pending litigation, but Magpul just went after them for patent infringment. This is interesting to me. My wife is in this field(contract and patent law)
    So I should pick a couple up before they are gone
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you should get in touch with the Gunstruction guys and get them added there also. Wish you made them for 7.62x39 even if only 20 round ones. I'm going to need some 7.62x39 AR mags in the near future.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just looking at them in comparison with a P-mag from pictures, I'm not sure a patent infringement lawsuit will be successful. For one, it's a different plastic, two, it's translucent and Magpul doesn't make translucent mags. The base is different also. Patents are quite specific so those differences alone probably determine that there is no patent violation.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's 3 different patents they are claiming infringment on. Half way tempted to pull up the specific patents to see for myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whether or not there is any actual infringement. The only winners in this is the attorneys. One of my best friends is a patent attorney, and so is my sister in law. That's big $$$ to review and proceed to litigation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very much truth in that. I understand the need to defend a brand, and not let your product become generic. But it seems like Magpul is trying to block most poly mag makers from market. Part of the reason I want to see what the specifics they are claiming are.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Whether or not there is any actual infringement. The only winners in this is the attorneys. One of my best friends is a patent attorney, and so is my sister in law. That's big $$$ to review and proceed to litigation.
    I've had to sue people three different times over business. In each case, even though I technically "won" on paper so far as a judgement, I didn't. Like you said, the only real winners, except on paper, are the attorneys. They are the ones who benefit financially from lawsuits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Just looking at them in comparison with a P-mag from pictures, I'm not sure a patent infringement lawsuit will be successful. For one, it's a different plastic, two, it's translucent and Magpul doesn't make translucent mags. The base is different also. Patents are quite specific so those differences alone probably determine that there is no patent violation.
    My guess is the geometry and mag shape is one, and another is going to be the mag cover plate as two. The hooked locking part. Not a clue what the third might be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My guess is the geometry and mag shape is one, and another is going to be the mag cover plate as two. The hooked locking part. Not a clue what the third might be.
    Geometry and shape would have to be identical to be a patent infringement and they aren't. The mag cover plate could be an issue.