Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    think i may order a few. translucent mags are cool

Downloads
    Uploads
    Uh oh. It would appear that Magpul has filed a lawsuit claiming "Patent Infringement against Elite Tactical Systems Group, LLC."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm running 2 of these mags and they WAY exceeded my expectations. I figured they'd be mushy like Lancers, but they're NICE.

I've been inside and out of these mags and can't find ANY aspect that leads me to believe they anything like the magpul pmag. The follower, the body, the base plate system.... none of it looks like Magpul's parts to me. Magpul's comments have been very vague... "geometry", etc.

Well if whatever they allegedly stole is patented, why not give specifics?

Downloads
    Uploads
    With all the polymer magazines out there makes you wonder why they have went after this one.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello guys,
    Just so it doesn't look like we are avoiding talking about it, we really can't speak about the lawsuit at this point because we just don't have enough info at this time.

Thanks for everyone's support and kind words. It really means a lot to us...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ETSGroup View Post
    Hello guys,
    Just so it doesn't look like we are avoiding talking about it, we really can't speak about the lawsuit at this point because we just don't have enough info at this time.

No worries man keep doing what you do and eventually it will all get worked out one way or another.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ETSGroup View Post
    Hello guys,

Like I stated before I understand you wouldn't be able to comment about it. Not trying to tip your hand in anyway. Part of being on a forum is being an info seeker, or speculating gossip monger. I'm guilty of both. Like Comp said, really hope this gets ironed out ok.
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Patents are quite specific so those differences alone probably determine that there is no patent violation.
    Wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Geometry and shape would have to be identical to be a patent infringement and they aren't.
    Wrong again...

Patents are, and should be as vague as they can be written. The patent for the PMag is no exception. ETS Group shouldn't be the least bit surprised that a suit was brought by Magpul. Prediction: ETS loses... badly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Magpul can eat a bag of dicks. I won't buy another one of their products, and not just because of this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Gale View Post
    Patents are, and should be as vague as they can be written. The patent for the PMag is no exception. ETS Group shouldn't be the least bit surprised that a suit was brought by Magpul. Prediction: ETS loses... badly.
    I'm not so sure about that. They sued Promag and 3 other companies a year ago and Promag is still selling mags which means Magpul wasn't successful in preventing them from doing so. I just looked up Magpul's patents and they are quite specific. The main patent also includes 17 images. Most likely some kind of compromise will be reached and perhaps some small changes to the ETS mags will be made. I don't see this lawsuit shutting down ETS production. I have looked up the lawsuit to see what Magpul is claiming for the patent infringements and checked the text of it. It's extremely vague and doesn't actually specifically list what is being claimed as infringements. All it does is list the 3 patents that Magpul says have been infringed upon but not specifically how Magpul feels they have been infringed.

We're on your side ETS.

Magpul themselves have been sued over patent infringements so, I have a feeling that this is going to get worked out.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like I need to test drive some ETS mags soon. Just what I need, more mags...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Sounds like I need to test drive some ETS mags soon. Just what I need, more mags...
    I know the feeling. I still have new in the package Pmags. I've offered to donate 2 of them to Sticks giveaway also. He can add them to his duty upper he's giving away.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With the market saturated with AR mags now, ETS has their work cut out for them. Pmags can be found for about $9, so the $18 price-point with the ETS mags will be challenging. If a larger dealer networks opens up, I'm sure we will see lower retail pricing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    With the market saturated with AR mags now, ETS has their work cut out for them. Pmags can be found for about $9, so the $18 price-point with the ETS mags will be challenging. If a larger dealer networks opens up, I'm sure we will see lower retail pricing.
    Their mags are translucent so their only competition is from Lancer. As far as I know only Lancer also has translucent mags. I'd pay the extra for a really good translucent mag simply because they are cool

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again guys for the support. We will get this worked out, and we will still be making mags.