Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a patrol rifle class coming up, and will run one of these mags as my primary magazine. I'll report back with any failures if any. Should be a decent 500-600 round day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ETS mag in a magpul branded lower... So I'm guessing they'll work in a China doll?
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been running just the one mag because I gave the other to a buddy. But I've not had a single issue at all with maybe a few hundred rounds so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I've got a patrol rifle class coming up, and will run one of these mags as my primary magazine. I'll report back with any failures if any. Should be a decent 500-600 round day.
    Maybe this is something you could look out for when you go to your class.

Had a chance to run a mag I bought from them a little while ago over Thanksgiving break. There was one time where the round failed to catch - it seemed to be due to the magazine. Looking at the round, it wasn't completely pressed against the feed lips - there was a little gap. I'm not 100% what the fault was, but there's a fair chance that it could had to do with those small squares on the inside of the magazine, just below the feed lips.

... keep in mind though, I shot the ETS mag through a MK18 - with a can, and was also the most popular (dirtiest) rental my range had ..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I want some of these but I need more mags like I need a hole in the head. I'm a mag whore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by camomike View Post
    ETS mag in a magpul branded lower...
    That's rough right there...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by camomike View Post
    ETS mag in a magpul branded lower...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    That's rough right there...
    My bad, I just went back and saw the photo which prompted your comment. Shame on you U Dubya!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    UW posted this pic somewhere else and said it's just a Magpul sticker on that lower.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    UW posted this pic somewhere else and said it's just a Magpul sticker on that lower.
    I know, was just busting his chops. Looks like an RA lower to me. Think I have the same model.
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Maybe this is something you could look out for when you go to your class.

Had a chance to run a mag I bought from them a little while ago over Thanksgiving break. There was one time where the round failed to catch - it seemed to be due to the magazine. Looking at the round, it wasn't completely pressed against the feed lips - there was a little gap. I'm not 100% what the fault was, but there's a fair chance that it could had to do with those small squares on the inside of the magazine, just below the feed lips.

... keep in mind though, I shot the ETS mag through a MK18 - with a can, and was also the most popular (dirtiest) rental my range had ..
    Hey Thompson,
    We had one other guy experience this. He is a small maker out of TX and he was shooting our mags in an SBR 10.5" I think and it ran fine until he put the can on it. Then, every now and then he would get a FTF. After talking with him extensively about it, I told him my best guess is that it was way over gassed. He then changed to a heavier buffer and it never happened again.

Now all that said, that may nothing to do with what you experienced because this gentleman never described any gap where the round was not sitting up against the feedlip.

Please let me know if you continue to see this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ETSGroup View Post
    Hey Thompson,
    We had one other guy experience this. He is a small maker out of TX and he was shooting our mags in an SBR 10.5" I think and it ran fine until he put the can on it. Then, every now and then he would get a FTF. After talking with him extensively about it, I told him my best guess is that it was way over gassed. He then changed to a heavier buffer and it never happened again.

Now all that said, that may nothing to do with what you experienced because this gentleman never described any gap where the round was not sitting up against the feedlip.

Please let me know if you continue to see this.
    Hey ETS,

Next time I hit the range, I'll see if I can pull out that rental/can to see if it happens again. If it does, I'll grab some pics and do some further digging. Last I was shooting with some friends, so didn't quite have some me time to mess around with the mag.

For what it's worth - I did experience a lot of jams with the DDMK18. After every couple of rounds, the round would fail fully seat in the chamber, or would have a failure to feed. But like I said, this was the dirtiest gun they had + the can. Just to prove it wasn't the magazine - I ran that same mag the same day on one of their DDM4 (not sure which). Did a mag dump and it worked flawlessly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Hey ETS,

Next time I hit the range, I'll see if I can pull out that rental/can to see if it happens again. If it does, I'll grab some pics and do some further digging. Last I was shooting with some friends, so didn't quite have some me time to mess around with the mag.

For what it's worth - I did experience a lot of jams with the DDMK18. After every couple of rounds, the round would fail fully seat in the chamber, or would have a failure to feed. But like I said, this was the dirtiest gun they had + the can. Just to prove it wasn't the magazine - I ran that same mag the same day on one of their DDM4 (not sure which). Did a mag dump and it worked flawlessly.
    Ok that makes me feel better. And if you get any more info in the future I would love to see it. Appreciate you doing that for us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ETSGroup View Post
    Ok that makes me feel better. And if you get any more info in the future I would love to see it. Appreciate you doing that for us.
    Will do. The pleasure is mine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks GOST, I'm about to order two of these.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.