Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They all appear to have the full carrier tails in the picture if that's what you are wanting

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most BCGs these days are M16 profile. Unless you own a registered receiver or drop in auto sear, it's not something to be overly concerned with though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wait til Black Friday to get a lot of this stuff...or even Veterans Day. There will be sales. Off the top of my head, rainier phosphate bcg was $99 last year. You can currently find nice BCG's for under $100, AIM surplus and Ares Armor come to mind.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, Primary Arms carries a bunch of name brand BCGs and usually has great sales on a lot of stuff....even things you didn't know you wanted!

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK I am back again.

I just dropped some cash, er, plastic.

Here is what I got so far so hopefully we can come up with a 'yet to be purchased' list after all this is said and done.

-Billet Upper and Lower (picked up the lower today)
    -Rainier 16" black medcon barrel (my FFL/Gunsmith buddy raved about them so I became more confident and just went with the flow)
    -Geiselle SMR MK2 15
    -Rainier low profile match grade gas block
    -Rainier mil spec buffer tube kit and a magpul ASC-L stock (got a deal if you bought em together)
    -Magpul MOE grip...
    -AND pending is my trigger. I have decided on a CMC single stage flat trigger with a 3.5 pound pull. (I put an order in for it but there was some sort of error on the site so I have to wait until monday to call them).

Now, what else am I missing?

-Charging handle
    -Bolt carrier group
    -black gas tube
    -muzzle device

and????

(I am not worrying about sites and optics at present, those are for later discussion)...

I don't want to leave anything out...

Thus far for ALL of the above I am about 1100 bucks deep into this thing. Yes I probably could have built a rifle for much cheaper but I have saved for years to get out of debt and now I don't owe anyone a nickel for anything and considering that it's Christmas i am treating myself right for once. I have scrimped and saved and denied myself of lots and lots of things over time... but for now I am kind of letting it go (for now).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was the lower stripped? Or did it come with mag release, bolt catch, etc?

I'm not familiar with the Geiselle rail; does it mount to a factory barrel nut or a proprietary one? And based off of the answer, do you have the appropriate one?

Charging handle: Rainier Raptor CHs are awesome.

I'd get a regular mid length gas tube and dust it with black high temp grill paint from Lowes if you REALLY want a black one. I'd personally leave it be.

What's left to decide on the BCG?

Muzzle device: Do you want a flash hider, a brake, or a compensator? Research the differences and decide what type best suits you and we can go from there

Iron sights and optics remain.

Optics: There's a new review on WEVO about the brand new Primary Arms 1-6x optic...it's pretty nice for what it is. Although do you want a red dot or magnification? If the latter, do you want low power (1-4, 1-6) or higher power (4-12, 6-18+)?

Iron sights: I'd recommend front and rear folders...do you want polymer like Magpul MBUS or something aluminum?

Now is the time to start looking at sites like PSA for ammo and mag sales. PSA frequently has a soft rifle case plus 6-8 PMags deal for like $90. I'd get a combination of aluminum mags and PMags.

Ammo: brass cases ammo like Federal/American Eagle 55gr FMJ is always on sale at PSA. If you want cheaper ammo, check around for Steelcase ammo to stock up on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The lower was completely stripped.

The rail has a proprietary barrel nut but the description on the description says they include a wrench that can take off standard nuts and also put that one on.

I was looking very much at the rainier charging handle but I didn't order it yet.

I saw this package and was going to order it but it's no where to be found. Monday I can all Rainer and see:

http://www.ar15news.com/2014/08/13/n...ies-combo-kit/

As for a brake/flash hider I don't know which one. Still need to burn more brain cells on that one. I for the life of me cannot figure out why one is 150 bucks and the other is 50 bucks.

As for irons, I do not like the plastic stuff. I will do more homework on that later, as I will with the optic... for now I just want to make sure I have the rifle part built.

Downloads
    Uploads

Barrels...and other parts

Hopefully you don't run into problems with the geissele rail and the billet upper... There have been problems with the geissele rails not fitting some uppers, but it can be rectified by a gunsmith if it's the case. Off the top of my head I can really only remember hearing about them not fitting with mega uppers.

Topic at hand. Sounds like a solid build. Muzzle devices could include a lantac dragon, vg6 epsilon, or one of rainiers offerings. These are my personal favorites. Battlecomp also gets a vote.

Also off the top of my head, what about your lower parts kit, since you have most of the larger parts, and you're going with a aftermarket trigger, you'll need

Takedown pin
    Pivot pin
    Takedown pin detent x2
    Takedown pin spring x2
    Mag release button (seekins)
    Mag catch
    Mag catch spring
    Bolt catch (seekins)
    Bolt catch plunger
    Bolt catch spring
    Bolt catch roll pin (unless the cmt is threaded for a screw)
    Selector detent
    Selector spring
    Buffer detent
    Buffer detent spring

That should be it. If you find the ambi kit, you won't need to buy a bolt catch, mag release button or mag catch. For the pins and detents and springs I use damageindustries.com
    Last edited by Ride4frnt; 26 October 2014 at 08:21.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^ yep, that's why I was wondering if it was totally stripped.

Since you're getting a trigger this parts kit should be all you need:
    https://www.primaryarms.com/CMMG_Low...mmg55ca601.htm

Id get one of these for your work bench so you can fix problems if they arise
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/587...pair-kit-ar-15

Downloads
    Uploads
    I pretty set on the centurion or rainier barrel but was wondering who makes the most durable and longest lasting nitride/melinite barrel? Not a lot out there. Is the WMD better or comparable to the Centurion?