Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

My 10.5" Thin Blue Line Build

Ok so time to add my contribution to the NFA thread!

Rainier Arms 10.5" .223 Wylde barrel
    Spikes stripped lower
    PSA LPK
    Areo Precision Stripped upper
    DD fixed front and rear sight
    Noveske 11" NSR
    Noveske KX5
    Seekins enhanced bolt catch and mag release button
    B5 Bravo Stock (took the one from my wife's rifle for the picture)
    BCM buffer tube assembly kit

Coated in Tungsten Cerakote and a line of sky blue around the mag well to represent "the thin blue line"

Not pictured (because I've yet to acquire them) is a BCM gunfighter grip, thinking the mod 3, a Geissele SD-C trigger, BAD ambi selectors and more than likely a BCM BCG and ambi BCM CH

EDIT:

Heres the most up to date photos as of 2-23-15 in case you dont want to scroll through the thread

"Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice SBR - I have to do mine as a pistol build though. I don't want to pay the feds for a $200 tax stamp for it.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Nice SBR - I have to do mine as a pistol build though. I don't want to pay the feds for a $200 tax stamp for it.
    Thank! It's just mocked up right now. Gettin close to having her done. I don't blame you my next one will be done as a pistol also.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like it works to me. I like what you did with the color coat too Go shoot it and give us a range report!

By the way, I hope you put that Sopmod stock back on your wife's rifle or you could have a very angry wife
    Last edited by WHSmithIV; 20 October 2014 at 02:26.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but will all the NSR rails allow for a suppressor inside?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Looks like it works to me. I like what you did with the color coat too Go shoot it and give us a range report!

By the way, I hope you put that Sopmod stock back on your wife's rifle or you could have a very angry wife
    Haha yes the Bravo was pulled just for pictures! She loves her rifle, or as I call it the Wifle, too much for me to rob parts from it haha

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but will all the NSR rails allow for a suppressor inside?
    Not sure on the diameter of most suppressors but I don't think they will. Or that is to say I've never seen it done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    .22 suppressors are about the only ones that will fit inside an NSR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like your idea I have a pile of parts in my safe waiting on a Form 1. I bought a suppressor though after the rail so have to find a NSR 9 so I can fit a AAC brake on it.
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool project. Good luck with it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good, OP. Unique idea putting the thin blue line on a rifle like that (or at least a first for me). I am sure you'll love that Rainier barrel...mine has been very good to me.

What kind of BCG are you going with? A black/melonite one or a NiB for the grey on black color scheme?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like it, I have a similiar build going on, but waiting for a Noveske 10.5 N4 barrel to come back into stock.

I'm using an 11" Noveske Hybrid Rail
    Noveske KX5

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Looks good, OP. Unique idea putting the thin blue line on a rifle like that (or at least a first for me). I am sure you'll love that Rainier barrel...mine has been very good to me.

What kind of BCG are you going with? A black/melonite one or a NiB for the grey on black color scheme?
    Thanks! I'm thinking just a standard BCG from BCM should do me just fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I like it, I have a similiar build going on, but waiting for a Noveske 10.5 N4 barrel to come back into stock.

I'm using an 11" Noveske Hybrid Rail
    Noveske KX5
    That should turn out nicely. Seems like the length on this set up is going to be perfect. When I mocked it all up just to see it felt amazing to hold. I would love to have a Noveske barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cagekicker204 View Post
    I really like your idea I have a pile of parts in my safe waiting on a Form 1. I bought a suppressor though after the rail so have to find a NSR 9 so I can fit a AAC brake on it.
    I'd like to do this as well. I'm thinking of selling my 6.5 Grendel upper so get can and some other items but I'm torn on the idea. On one hand is love the can and that would bring my rifle calipers to one also due to ammo availability and time I haven't got to shoot the 6.5 much. On the other hand it's the first rifle I built and its a good round and great hunting rifle so I'm reluctant to let it go. The struggle is real.