Uploads
    net i like it very well done

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks great!

Downloads
    Uploads
    So Farva, you have a range report?

I'm still waiting for Noveske to send some 10.5 N4 barrels out to their distributors, so I've had time to rethink this similar build I have going on. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to put a KX5 on anything as it's smaller in diameter, just to fit newer Noveske Handguards, but likely less effective than its KX3 brother.

Also a 10.5" on an 11" handguard makes it look like the KX5 sticks out too far. Back to the drawing board.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

I'm still waiting for Noveske to send some 10.5 N4 barrels out to their distributors, so I've had time to rethink this similar build I have going on. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to put a KX5 on anything as it's smaller in diameter, just to fit newer Noveske Handguards, but likely less effective than its KX3 brother.

Also a 10.5" on an 11" handguard makes it look like the KX5 sticks out too far. Back to the drawing board.
    Sorry for the Noob question, but with 9-11" barrel guns, are the noveske KX's the way to go to avoid all that blast and concussion? Specifically if heavean forbid it had to be used as a HD gun?

I plan on getting a AAC 556SD, but thats months down the road. Just need some opinions on MD's for my 10.5 and 11.5

Oh and BTW Farva, please don't get mad at me, but I'm basically stealing atleast a portion of your build

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

I did get to put some rounds through it on Christmas Day. Nothing special just a function check and to see if the irons needed adjusting. With the exception of some failure to feeds (due to the crappy G.I. Mag) it was perfect! I didn't even have to adjust my sights. Of course I wasn't putting it on paper just a human silhouette steel target at about 30 yards or so. I fired a few shots with my ear pro and it wasn't bad. It did seem to have a little more ring to my ears than say the KX3 but it's been some time since I've fired the KX3 without ear pro so it's not exactly a scientific experiment. If there is any difference between the KX3 and KX5, as far as sound "reduction" goes or as far as pushing the noise away from the shooter, I would say it's negligible. My initial idea was to have it sit under a 13" rail which should have left .25" of the KX5 sticking out but alas my numbers where off because I didn't account for the threads but if you had enough crush washers you could time it just right for the desired look.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Sorry for the Noob question, but with 9-11" barrel guns, are the noveske KX's the way to go to avoid all that blast and concussion? Specifically if heavean forbid it had to be used as a HD gun?

I plan on getting a AAC 556SD, but thats months down the road. Just need some opinions on MD's for my 10.5 and 11.5

Oh and BTW Farva, please don't get mad at me, but I'm basically stealing atleast a portion of your build
    In my opinion if your using a rifle with a KX3 or KX5 in a HD situation it's going to be loud regardless. Mad? Are you kidding??? I'm honored! Please by all means steal steal steal ideas! That's what this forum is all about. Stealing is a negative word... More like borrow lol

Downloads
    Uploads

My 10.5" Thin Blue Line Build

I got a hold of a WOA 10.5 to go with a WAR upper for my next build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    In my opinion if your using a rifle with a KX3 or KX5 in a HD situation it's going to be loud regardless. Mad? Are you kidding??? I'm honored! Please by all means steal steal steal ideas! That's what this forum is all about. Stealing is a negative word... More like borrow lol
    But the flaming pig is gonna tame some of the blast and send a lot of the noise foward away from the shooter? Sorry just don't know much about that style of muzzle device. Why are they so popular on SBR's?

And ya our 11.5 basically the same gun as this, except KMR rail and pistol brace instead of SBR. Even the same color :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    But the flaming pig is gonna tame some of the blast and send a lot of the noise foward away from the shooter? Sorry just don't know much about that style of muzzle device. Why are they so popular on SBR's?

And ya our 11.5 basically the same gun as this, except KMR rail and pistol brace instead of SBR. Even the same color :)
    Yes sir it will definitely help push a lot of noise and blast forward but by no means will it be quite with like say a suppressor for example but it will be easier on the ears than a break or a flash hider.

Man I really want a KMR. I'm going to get a 11.5" upper and I think I'll put a KMR on that one. I've got a Noveske lower around here that I think will be a pistol as it waits for its paper work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    Yes sir it will definitely help push a lot of noise and blast forward but by no means will it be quite with like say a suppressor for example but it will be easier on the ears than a break or a flash hider.

Man I really want a KMR. I'm going to get a 11.5" upper and I think I'll put a KMR on that one. I've got a Noveske lower around here that I think will be a pistol as it waits for its paper work.
    I've got a 13.5" NSR and love it. My 10" kmr should be here any day. I haven't handled the kmr yet obviously but they look almost identical :shrug:

If I was you. I wouldn't change a single thing on that build :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah this build will more than likely stay in this configuration. With the addition to some glass of some sort. I'm looking hard at the Primary Arm red dot that claims 50,000 hours of battery constantly on. I'd love an Aimpoint but just don't have the coin to drop on one.