Downloads
    Uploads

WAR upper experience?

Anyone with experience using a WAR upper on a build?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have one and I'd like another. The rifle I use it on suppressed throws absolutely zero gas back in my face, the recoil impulse is softened, and while the internals still get dirty from the suppressed use, it doesn't build up nearly as fast as it would without the WAR. The position of the on/off knob is convenient (for me) and the knob is large enough to grab but small enough that it's not intrusive. It clicks solidly into place so you can do it without looking and know that it's in place.

The only thing I can see possibly being an issue would be a bulkier scope mount that is run further forward might get in the way of turning the knob. My TA11 ACOG mount was VERY close but everything still has enough room.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks....greatly appreciated!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Former are you a lefty or a righty? My interest piqued when you said no gas in the face.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Former are you a lefty or a righty? My interest piqued when you said no gas in the face.
    I am right handed. The only other "mod" I have done to control gas blowback is RTV silicon in the charging handle gap and that has been there since before I got the WAR. The platform is a 16" Rainier match barrel with midlength gas system and with the WAR upper and suppressor, it is very soft shooting...I know 5.56 rifles don't have an over abundance of recoil to start with but its no longer a jab but a gentle push. Any time I see a new shooter on the range timid about getting behind whatever rifle their people are attempting to teach the newbie on I offer my rifle and after half a mag or so, the apprehension is gone. I have other long guns, and more accurate in terms of MOA but this is by far my favorite (if it isn't obvious :) )