Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpul UBR

Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul UBR

ok so the thread needs to start somewhere. i support magpul and all their designs and wish all the best to them. i also understand that they are a small independent buisness. with that said where is the UBR. i think it was sposed to be released first or second quarter 07. i know they let a small batch go earlier this year but it seems like less than 50 went out. will magpul be able to fill orders before the end of this year? now i know they dont give "timelines" anymore but i know that there are people out on the grid who know more than others and a little nudge in any particular direction would be nice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SturmSoldaten View Post
    ok so the thread needs to start somewhere. i support magpul and all their designs and wish all the best to them. i also understand that they are a small independent buisness. with that said where is the UBR. i think it was sposed to be released first or second quarter 07. i know they let a small batch go earlier this year but it seems like less than 50 went out. will magpul be able to fill orders before the end of this year? now i know they dont give "timelines" anymore but i know that there are people out on the grid who know more than others and a little nudge in any particular direction would be nice.

My understanding is that the small first couple batches that went out were in the 200-300+ range, where did you ever hear it was 50? They are running production on UBRs currently, with them going to dealers and distributors.

They can still be hard to find, but so can the Nintendo Wii.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know a few retailers who have the UBR right now. Most are charging around $100 above MSRP....but one place is selling it at MAP

The only problem is the only color any of them have is FDE or coyote or whatever.

All my rifles are black tho. Yeah I know, form over function, stupid to pass on buying a stock i really want because of color....the color shouldn't matter....but if i'm paying that much for a stock, I might as well be patient and wait for the one i really want

Downloads
    Uploads
    This one at my last Rifle class is sitting on a Noveske rifle.
    He went to "Butt Slam" a stuck casing out during a Malfunction drill and a piece of the stock flew off.. We all stood there till he just popped the piece back in after completing the course of fire..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like the look of the UBR. Definitely would buy one if they were available. Hopefully Magpul makes a lot of more of these next year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm looking forward to getting a collapsible stock that will let me shoot NTCH comfortably with the stock out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
    I'm looking forward to getting a collapsible stock that will let me shoot NTCH comfortably with the stock out.
    The UBR is just that - I'm having a hard time staying patient for my second one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got 2 in today. Man are these things nicely done! As with most Magpul products, a bit on the spendy side, but you do get what you pay for, and then some...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you guys running yours with the compartment cover in or out?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine currently have the covers, but as I am not planning on storing anything in there, I may just remove them. Waiting on uppers to be built to complete these lowers, so I haven't decided yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That reminds me, too, Stick, have you any pics of the metal strike plates for the UBR's? I haven't found them listed outside the MP catalog...

peachfuzz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

Door off. Like the look.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre1 View Post
    That reminds me, too, Stick, have you any pics of the metal strike plates for the UBR's? I haven't found them listed outside the MP catalog...

The metal ones aren't released yet, and I haven't seen anything in a prototype status either.

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the look better without, but I'm keeping them for storage. It does quite nicely with a pair of 123A's, 1/3N, LT Lube bottle, and a tiny ziploc of patches and pins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The metal ones aren't released yet, and I haven't seen anything in a prototype status either.

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this.....
    Stick: Thanks for the info. I figured if anyone outside of Magpul would know about these it would be you.