Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe it's been explained, but is the wedgelock hodge somehow different than the wedgelock Mega?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Maybe it's been explained, but is the wedgelock hodge somehow different than the wedgelock Mega?
    Aesthetics are slightly different and (if I remember correctly) the available lengths. The hodge length was for their specific barrel, or something like that.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    HDSI designed the rail for MEGA, MEGA produces it. To set the MEGA rail aside from the HODGE branded rail, the aesthetics and functionality differ slightly. On the Hodge rails, the end is canted on the top portion so as to allow for easier access to the latch on Surefire and other suppressors with the 14.5" barrel. Also it says "HODGE" and not "MEGA", but otherwise, it's identical as far as I am aware.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    How can you tell?
    1: MOD 2 uppers do not exist commercially as of right now. Certainly not at distributors. Definitely not as stripped extras.
    2: Shell deflector

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    HDSI designed the rail for MEGA, MEGA produces it. To set the MEGA rail aside from the HODGE branded rail, the aesthetics and functionality differ slightly. On the Hodge rails, the end is canted on the top portion so as to allow for easier access to the latch on Surefire and other suppressors with the 14.5" barrel. Also it says "HODGE" and not "MEGA", but otherwise, it's identical as far as I am aware.
    That's incorrect. Can't remember where I read it, but Jim said it was their design that he helped them refine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aamp84 View Post
    That's incorrect. Can't remember where I read it, but Jim said it was their design that he helped them refine.
    Then I am unsure. I just know it was a collaborative effort.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hodge wedge lock is made of an Aluminum Lithium blend while Mega's is 7075 I believe. I wish they'd offer their barrels stand alone. Seems like the perfect profile and weight.

Edit: just realized this was covered in the beginning of the thread.
    Last edited by Deckard; 21 June 2016 at 22:01.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Hodge wedge lock is made of an Aluminum Lithium blend while Mega's is 7075 I believe. I wish they'd offer their barrels stand alone. Seems like the perfect profile and weight.

Edit: just realized this was covered in the beginning of the thread.
    Currently they are all 7075. Aluminum lithium for rails is likely to be a long way out, if at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the clarification. I didn't read weapon outfitters description right on another forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Resurrecting this thread to ask if any of you guys with the Hodge/Mega rail find that you need Magpul rail covers for it to be comfortable?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    Resurrecting this thread to ask if any of you guys with the Hodge/Mega rail find that you need Magpul rail covers for it to be comfortable?
    I've got 4 Mega Wedgelocks and although I find the Magpul Type 1 covers very comfortable, Mega's machining and smooth finish makes it comfortable to hold without covers. On almost all my other MLOK handguards I usually use Type 1 covers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I've got 4 Mega Wedgelocks and although I find the Magpul Type 1 covers very comfortable, Mega's machining and smooth finish makes it comfortable to hold without covers. On almost all my other MLOK handguards I usually use Type 1 covers.
    I do not have covers on my Hodge WL rail, and agree with the above.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I got a hodge rail inbound so sounds good!

Now just waiting for a Hodge upper to get instock

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a quick FYI, I got a message from Jim last night saying that he's planning on offering his barrels for individual sale starting Q1 next year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Just a quick FYI, I got a message from Jim last night saying that he's planning on offering his barrels for individual sale starting Q1 next year.
    That's awesome! I love the profile of 'em. They are accurate barrels, but their real claim to fame is their durability. They are the evolution of the "Noveske double-thick lined" barrels, in my opinion.