Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Gale View Post
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should...

Until you post some data sets from a vetted testing process, it's very much subjective. Comparing materials on a chart is comparing materials on chart. How those materials perform over time for their intended purpose creates objective data points for the specific use. The arguments for or against the use of a certain material should be necessity driven. Contrary to your "better is better" statement, your earlier comparison of 6061 to 7075 on a DD RISII is an example of trading strength for corrosion resistance. Nothing more, nothing less. When you can prove that a carbine manufactured by Hodge with Al-Li lasts longer and and is more accurate, let's have another discussion. Until then, let's put this red herring to bed.
    Hmmm...what brands, exactly, do you sell, as a Dealer? Website?

Downloads
    Uploads

NEW Hodge Defense AU Mod 2

Aluminum-lithium is stronger then 7075 but to see any weight reduction there would have to be less material to see any advantage to using it. The increase in strength probably doesn't justify the cost. The external fuel tank for the space shuttle was made out of an aluminum lithium alloy as a weight reduction plan in the early 90s.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    Aluminum-lithium is stronger then 7075 but to see any weight reduction there would have to be less material to see any advantage to using it. The increase in strength probably doesn't justify the cost. The external fuel tank for the space shuttle was made out of an aluminum lithium alloy as a weight reduction plan in the early 90s.
    Correct. Lithium Aluminum is also used on many stress-bearing components of large Airbus planes and has been shown to increase frame-life and reduce maintenance costs.

However, all the empirical data in the world is useless to some people until we prove that it's better than 6601 for a receiver. I assume they use 6601 and prefer it to 7075, because as far as I am aware, I've never heard of a 6601 receiver being worn out...ergo...7075 is also "a waste" according to some.

Really though, it boils down to this: Are you the kind of guy who is lusting for a Rock River or DPMS? Then this isn't for you. Or...are you the kind of guy looking at Noveske/LaRue/KAC? Then you should also consider the AU-MOD2.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This whole product line is sounding more and more like the emperor' sinew clothes.

Sooner or later the gun will climb out from under the rock it's been hiding under, and we will see what is what.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's gonna be a rifle that makes Noveske and Larue seem like more affordable options.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    It's gonna be a rifle that makes Noveske and Larue seem like more affordable options.
    It will likely be priced similar to them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will be interesting to see what price point they use considering that their Mod 1 was about a $2000 rifle.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hodge Defense reminds me of what Noveske used to be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So is that a picture of the unicorn? Where'd it come from, and what's the magic sauce we're all supposed to choke on now that it's out?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pic is from their Facebook page.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    :Drool:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So is that a picture of the unicorn? Where'd it come from, and what's the magic sauce we're all supposed to choke on now that it's out?
    rob, you never fail to disappoint. I admit, I laughed out loud.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Rob - I guess you just don't get it...

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's genius marketing,mill grant them that. Emperor's new clothes always is. Add in "tier one" and how can I possibly keep my wallet in my pocket?