Downloads
    Uploads

XTech Tactical ATG AR15 Grip

XTech Tactical has a new Grip that caught my attention. The XTech Tactical Grip allows you to loosen the pistol grip screw, adjust the angle of the grip to where you want it and then tighten it back down where it will stay because of the interlocking teeth.

Check out more at: http://www.xtechtactical.com/

Also in Stock at Rainier Arms for $16.95: https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sh...roduct_id=4736

Description:

The Science of ATG Comfort

When XTech Tactical’s design team set out to create the most comfortable AR15 grip they looked at it from every angle. The resulting ATG (Adjustable Tactical Grip) is the new standard for comfort in the industry. Not only does its shape contribute to comfort, so does its position.

The team studied the firearms market for standout grips both outside and within the AR platform. The primary lessons for shape are “Subtle finger grooves” provide a sense of placement for any size hand. The rear of the grip has a “slight palm swell” that nests into your hand for better comfort and control. The rear wall of the grip extends downward as low as possible to maximize the hand’s purchase and support.

Finally, the texture was carefully selected and placed to balance control and comfort. The rest of the details are in the 3D shape which was optimized using prototypes and user testing. The most unique feature of the ATG is the adjust ability of the grip’s angle. This is an acknowledgement by XTech Tactical’s design team that there is a wide range of shooting styles and shooter sizes. The ability to change angles of the grip can relieve stress on the shooter’s wrist.

Specifications:

17 degree: Modern shooting techniques, "elbows in" stance
    25 degree: Great "middle option"
    33 degree: "A2 grip" originally seen 1960's with "elbows out"
    These elements all work together to make this very likely the most comfortable grip you will ever try and the last grip you will ever need to purchase.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like that idea. Nice looking grip just begging for a nice stipple job on it. Wonder where it's limits lie as far as caliber/recoil?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess it's a good idea for a shooter who doesn't know what they like, but I prefer less parts in my grip and have never needed to change the grip angle "on the fly."
    Follow my Facebook page: Chevtec Shooting Solutions, for reviews, how-to guides, and industry news.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevtec View Post
    I guess it's a good idea for a shooter who doesn't know what they like, but I prefer less parts in my grip and have never needed to change the grip angle "on the fly."
    I think they are trying to satisfy the portion of the market who are dissatisfied with the current grip angles. Not so much changing the grip on the fly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're saying there's more than the 17, 25, 33 degree options listed? Because I believe there's plenty of one piece grips on the market to fill those roles.
    Follow my Facebook page: Chevtec Shooting Solutions, for reviews, how-to guides, and industry news.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevtec View Post
    You're saying there's more than the 17, 25, 33 degree options listed? Because I believe there's plenty of one piece grips on the market to fill those roles.
    I don't know the answer but which grips on the market at 17, 25, and 33?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a cool design. Would like to see it vetted from a durability stand point. Generally speaking adding more parts means more things that can fail.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    It's a cool design. Would like to see it vetted from a durability stand point. Generally speaking adding more parts means more things that can fail.
    That was the only thing I was concerned about. The interlocking teeth.. how durable are they? I suppose for $16.95 I might go and find out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking the B5/UCWRG/K2/Bravo were all at 17 but I was wrong. They're all around 23-25. And there's obviously tons that match the A2 angle. So I guess it does fill the 17 void, if there is a void.
    Last edited by Chevtec; 22 October 2014 at 12:29.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    That was the only thing I was concerned about. The interlocking teeth.. how durable are they? I suppose for $16.95 I might go and find out.
    I can try one out on the AR-47 build and would be cheaper than the MFT EPG :)
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm! This would be good for someone for who isn't sure which angle they want.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/