LMFAO!! Much better than mine...

And damn sexy upper I might add...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    great prize you got there voodoo_man, congrats again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thompson, GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR! What's in the BOX? Any drill sergeants around to give him a kick in the keester?
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear god - relax haha. Today's kinda a big day at PSU haha. For the record, I could have been tailgating right now - you're lucky I love you guys haha.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I LOVE the parabellum ch...can't wait for mine to arrive. You better believe I'll have some pics up

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    ohhh that looks nice i like the water mark lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Since you didn't specify which giveaway the winnings had to be from... Here's my take from the WEVO 50k GAW. I'll post pics when I get the Parallax Tactical rail from this GAW.

CMT UPUR-1, same as VooDoo just posted.

And Rainier RAC brake, both of which completed my SPR project.

that looks awesome any more pics

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Dear god - relax haha. Today's kinda a big day at PSU haha. For the record, I could have been tailgating right now - you're lucky I love you guys haha.

i need to look in to one of dose charging handles

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that CMT was donating several billet uppers - I think they donated some of each, as voodoo got the UPUR-1; and as you can see I got the UPUR-4. The biggest two differences between the UPUR-1 and UPUR-4 is that the UPUR-4 is more of a minimalist approach - no shell deflector and no forward assist as you see in the pictures.

Very very well machined (but that's obvious since it's a billet upper) - the picatinny rails are also really smooth to the touch - not like the M-4/M-16, which tend to be really sharp; the edges of the UPUR-4 rails have been slightly rounded. The upper came a little dusty from shelf life over at the folks at RA - but otherwise, flawless. CMT has it listed at $138 on their website.

Now, on to the charging handle. It's made by Parabellum Armament; the company currently has two types of charging handles: the ADF (Ambi Dual Function) and the ADO (Ambi Dual Oversized) - in essence the only difference is the size of the latch. Like most other CH's, it's made from 7075 T6 billet, with the level and latches made from 4140 steel. Latches are also large enough that you could use your palm to rack the CH.

One of the neat features (that if I understand correctly) is that the right side latch operates independently of the left side. If you look at some other ambi CH's, such as BCM's Gunfighter and RA's Raptor - the right side latch is interconnected to the left side latch. Haven't had the chance to look at the mechanics behind either, but I'm going to guess that if you somehow break the connection between the left and right latch - you wont be able to use the right side latch. With the ADF/ADO - that's not a problem. (This website shows how the right side latch operates independently from the left: http://www.bpoutfitters.net/Parabell...e-_p_2362.html) Parabellum has it listed on their website for $80.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice Thompson and that charging handle was a nice addition as a package too! You gotta admit though, you really opened yourself up to the ribbing by posting a picture of a box LOL

I also noted that from Stick's original post about the CMT donation that all the uppers weren't the same so I've been interested to see what the differences are between them. Wonder why they machined the two ears for a dust cover? Are there holes there to install a dust cover Thompson? Thanks for posting the pics.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Nice Thompson and that charging handle was a nice addition as a package too! You gotta admit though, you really opened yourself up to the ribbing by posting a picture of a box LOL

I also noted that from Stick's original post about the CMT donation that all the uppers weren't the same so I've been interested to see what the differences are between them. Wonder why they machined the two ears for a dust cover? Are there holes there to install a dust cover Thompson? Thanks for posting the pics.
    Haha - I suppose so. And yep - you can add a dust cover to the UPUR-4; the UPUR-3 is is the bare bones version - no FA, no dust cover, and no brass deflector. I've got an idea of where I want to go with this.
    Last edited by Thompson; 25 October 2014 at 13:01.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post

UPUR-1 is a standard billet upper. UPUR-2 is a slick side with no FA, but still retains the deflector and dust cover. UPUR-3 is slick side, no FA, no deflector, no dust cover. UPUR-4 is slick side with no FA or deflector, but the option to add a dust cover.

They also offer a UPUR-1A which is the same as the 1 with an oversized ejection port for 458 SOCOM platforms. The 3 and 4 also have the oversized ports, but not the 2.

More on the CMT uppers here. http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...Receiver/page2

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking about .458 SOCOM as the next project - if my wife doesn't have me making a purple pistol for her first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Haha - I suppose so. And yep - you can add a dust cover to the UPUR-4; the UPUR-3 is is the bare bones version - no FA, no dust cover, and no brass deflector. I've got an idea of where I want to go with this.
    That's good. I don't care if I have a forward assist, but I do want a dust cover. This is a dusty valley.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys.

Now to decide what to make the upper....im thinkin 10 inch....