Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upper Question

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Personally, I think it looks badass. What I can tell you is that you'll love your upper. I got a UPUR-1 in the last giveaway and it was far more than I expected. It is the first billet set I ever put together, and I thought the forged ones looked good.

Do you have a bigger picture?

I really (honestly) like the upper I got... its a CMT UPR4

https://www.cmttac.com/index.php?rou...product_id=125

It has the dust cover just no deflector.... it's 1am and I am just hanging it out there.

Really I do like doing things different. If I drive through the bad part of town, I find the craziest areas I can, where no one speaks english and I go find a place to eat. I discover so many great things like that.

I have absolutely zero aversion to trying it it out... the price of 'free' is pretty darn attractive too... I think it would be awesome but I am letting my imagination run away with myself...

I want my build done like two weeks ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshAston View Post
    Or the pawl snaps off and locks up your rifle.
    Well, yes, that's a possibility. But there are a whole laundry list of other possibilities out there to cause stoppages and malfunctions but people still keep building and shooting rifles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is a pawl.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The pawl is the little piece at the end of the FA that engages the notches on a carrier and pushed it back into battery.

http://www.sogarmory.com/Content.aspx?PageId=20

Nomenclature pics....scroll about halfway down to the forward assist picture

You can go 15 years with AR/M4 type weapons and not see one break (like myself...but I've seen a myriad of other minute to major random problems) or you can be like some of the stories online where it happens the first time out. Crap sometimes happens...who knows?