Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Glad to hear that. I was looking at mad defense barrels for a budget pistol.
    I would not hesitate to use them again. The shipping was really quick and their customer service was top-notch. I had a ton of questions and they answered them all through email very quickly. I have referred quite a few people to them and they have all been happy with their barrels.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    relevant to convo:

http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2014/11/ra...or-mk107p.html

The shorter the barrel, the more finicky the accuracy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as accuracy, as far as I can tell, my 11.5 is at least as accurate as my 14.5" out to 100 yards. My 10.5 MAS defense barrel was non chrome lined and it was just as accurate as them both.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    relevant to convo:

Good stuff in that review.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    Good stuff in that review.
    Hopefully I can get some Useful data out of this whole thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't experience a sound difference between my 7.5", 11.5" or 14.5". Are y'all using foam ear plugs?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always double up the ear-pro when shooting rifles. I also don't notice a difference between my 16", 14.5" or 10.5" while I'm the shooter. I do notice a difference when another shooter is next to me with a shorter barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Always double up.

You'll thank yourself for doing it when your 60.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Always double up.

You'll thank yourself for doing it when your 60.
    Huh? Man I will be 40 next month. I am pretty sure I am a bout 80% deaf in my right ear due to a 60 being fired next to me for an extended period of time. My dad keeps telling me to get on disability for hearing loss but the way I see it is that there are more needing vets that need that appointment than I do. I double up on ear pro to save what little I have left.
    Last edited by Computalotapus; 16 November 2014 at 08:12.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Huh? Man I will be 40 next month. I am pretty sure I am a bout 80% deaf in my right ear due to a 60 being fired next to me for an extended period of time. My dad keeps telling me to get on disability for hearing loss but the way I see it is that there are more needing vets that need that appointment than I do. I double up on ear pro to safe what little I have left.
    Had a guy discharge inside a 4x5 living room next to my right ear (aiming behind me), I couldn't hear out of that ear for a good 3 days. Doc told me it'll be max 90% never better after that, but I'm not going out on disability just yet.

I always double up, I carry some of the surefire ear plugs with me, EDC, just in case.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a guy touch off a 3.5" 12 ga. waterfowl load about a foot from the side of my head a few years ago. Felt like someone whacked me upside the noggin with a 2x4. I was almost completely deaf in that ear for a few days. Gradually my hearing started to come back, but it's no where near 100%, nor will it ever be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm definitely going with the 10.5" barrel for the 7.62 pistol. I've also changed the plan to get the Faxon barrel since it has a carbine length gas port. (Thanks UWone for that tip). I have been a bit concerned with the designing of the pistol that a pistol length gas port would seriously over gas the gun. With the Faxon barrel I think the design now has the right balance with not using an adjustable gas block.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    relevant to convo:

Sure, barrel length affects accuracy, same way a ruger LC9 isnt as accurate as my g34... I think people need to keep in mind that an AR pistol isn't supposed to be a sniper rifle. Its function is that of a close range PDW. 10-100 yards max. My 7.5" pistol has no problem ringing 8" steel at 100 yards with a simple PA red dot. I haven't benched it to check groups because i don't need or expect sub MOA accuracy from this type of weapon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    Sure, barrel length affects accuracy, same way a ruger LC9 isnt as accurate as my g34... I think people need to keep in mind that an AR pistol isn't supposed to be a sniper rifle. Its function is that of a close range PDW. 10-100 yards max. My 7.5" pistol has no problem ringing 8" steel at 100 yards with a simple PA red dot. I haven't benched it to check groups because i don't need or expect sub MOA accuracy from this type of weapon.
    I disagree when it comes to rifles.

Pistols, yes, barrel length does in fact matter but not for rifles.

I am more than sure my 7.75inch barrel can put up good groups at 100y with the right ammo, and I am also positive I can hit out to 200y and even 400y with the right optics and the right ammo. The trick is to find what works for that specific setup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I have you here, is the claymore noticeably more quiet from the rear and sides compared to the regular FH on your 11.5?

*oops. I was back three pages replying to this.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic