Downloads
    Uploads

Syrac Ordnance AR15 Low Pro Adjustable Retro Fit Gas Piston System

For those of you that have always wanted to use your existing handguards, Syrac Ordnance has the piston kit for you. I've been shooting a Syrac Retro fitted upper for the last week, and it works as advertised so far. Nice to be able to use a slimmer rail, instead of looking for a rail that will "fit" a piston kit.

http://www.syracordnance.com/collect...it-piston-kits

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm kind of interesting. Any chance you've tried it on the KMR yet?
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I spy a Midwest Industries barrel nut in those pictures. If the Syrac system will fit under the Gen II I'll definitely be interested...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good catch Gaspipeshooter. I do wonder why they chose to use a clamp style gas block?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    So you post a picture that it'll fit under a force rail...and you totally make me rethink my pistol build. Good work!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Good catch Gaspipeshooter. I do wonder why they chose to use a clamp style gas block?
    I agree. That is a weak point on the Adams Arms piston kits too. Set screw block with room for a pin would be ideal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the adjustable gas block too on it. That would make it quite ideal for a pistol. Ditto on the clamp on gas block though I suppose it doesn't make all that much difference.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The clamp on has worked for Adams for a long time. Pinned is preferred yes. However, they use a 3 screw clamp on system.

Ran about 300 rounds through the Syrac system yesterday, not too bad. Less gas in the face, but still lots of gas when shoot when shooting rapidly at multiple targets. Marked improvement from what I'm used to. I'll take her out next week again.

Also threw the PA 1-6x24 on it. Impressions later.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The clamp on has worked for Adams for a long time. Pinned is preferred yes. However, they use a 3 screw clamp on system.

Ran about 300 rounds through the Syrac system yesterday, not too bad. Less gas in the face, but still lots of gas when shoot when shooting rapidly at multiple targets. Marked improvement from what I'm used to. I'll take her out next week again.

Also threw the PA 1-6x24 on it. Impressions later.

Hopefully you like the scope! I found it easier to acquire a solid image in the scope by removing the rear cap. It just had too big of a black ring around it for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    U Dubya, have you tried dialing the gas down with the adjustment screw while shooting suppressed? That was one of my attractions to a piston system, the ability to turn the gas down while suppressed to reduce blowback.