Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Farva I think it's just a training issue. Few 1000 draw reps and you'll be just as quick and with better retention

Downloads
    Uploads
    yay learning new things!!
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not remove the hood. Here's why:

If you're in a fight, and God forbid someone attempts to disarm you, they first have to get the hood down. Well, during the fight, it's easier for the officer to hit that hood backup and thus, reengaging a level of retention. This is vastly superior to trying to re-snap buttons.

I used a Safariland SSIII Holster for over a decade, and it served it's purpose, but going to the ALS wasn't as a big training or retraining issue as I thought it would be. Like it's been mentioned before, you just need some repetitions.

I think in time, you'll find that using all levels of retention in the ALS holster is a good thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I would not remove the hood. Here's why:

If you're in a fight, and God forbid someone attempts to disarm you, they first have to get the hood down. Well, during the fight, it's easier for the officer to hit that hood backup and thus, reengaging a level of retention. This is vastly superior to trying to re-snap buttons.

I used a Safariland SSIII Holster for over a decade, and it served it's purpose, but going to the ALS wasn't as a big training or retraining issue as I thought it would be. Like it's been mentioned before, you just need some repetitions.

I think in time, you'll find that using all levels of retention in the ALS holster is a good thing.

this is a good point. I will just have to train with it heck I may even like it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the ALS. The extra button is a good "oops" retention mechanism.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I like the ALS. The extra button is a good "oops" retention mechanism.
    im ok with the thumb button. Thats all i would prefer. Correct me if im wrong but the ones with the bail on the plus the ALS (thumb button) you must first drop the bail, then press the thumb button correct? I really wish I could go play with one....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    im ok with the thumb button. Thats all i would prefer. Correct me if im wrong but the ones with the bail on the plus the ALS (thumb button) you must first drop the bail, then press the thumb button correct? I really wish I could go play with one....
    Yes. Its very easy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The ALS w/hood is one of the more intuitive designs out there and pretty much the industry standard now. I used the SSIII for longer than I want to admit and didn't want to change at first, but the transition was fairly easy. Just get the reps in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like it's a done deal then!