Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAC 556-SD

Downloads
    Uploads

AAC 556-SD

Have been looking at getting into the NFA game for a while now, and am just about there..lol

Looking at a few cans but probably the first one after a 22 can ( Probably spectre 2 ) will be a 556 model. then later on a 762 can. I have all 556 platforms right now and no 762 guns, sold then last year..

so getting a 556 can seemed like a good idea.As some of the 762 cans are very long , as i was planning on using it on a 10.5" , 16" middy and a 18" SPR

Anyone using this can? Seems like a decent start into this next level of addiction and with the AAC 200 rebate it makes it almost a no brainer..lol...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, for me I'm going with a 7.62 can off the bat that way I'm covered for all my weapons. Looking hard at a specwar 762, but I could be persuaded.

Downloads
    Uploads

AAC 556-SD

I'm with ride4frnt go with a 7.62 can and call it a day. I did! I have a 762-SD in jail now and should have it around first of the year. From the research I did it's only a few DB difference between using a true 556 can vs a 7.62 can. Go big now and you won't have to buy another can later. That is unless you want a couple dedicated cans...

Edit: the 762-sd being full inconel now, only $600 +stamp and then the rebate... That is a no brainier lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the 762-SDN-6 and have never looked back. It's a GREAT do all can and I suspect the 762-SD is equally as nice for less cost.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I'm with ride4frnt go with a 7.62 can and call it a day. I did! I have a 762-SD in jail now and should have it around first of the year. From the research I did it's only a few DB difference between using a true 556 can vs a 7.62 can. Go big now and you won't have to buy another can later. That is unless you want a couple dedicated cans...

Edit: the 762-sd being full inconel now, only $600 +stamp and then the rebate... That is a no brainier lol
    Im hearing what you guys are saying, just grab a 762 can and be done. First off i have no 30 caliber guns or similiar at the moment that i want to suppress.

I have the following that i would like to run a can on if i go this way
    10.5" , 16" gun, and 18" bench gun

So why the 556 can i was thinking, i have looked at the 762-sd , but it just looks so big..lol..On a AR that is.. if i start this, i can see a 762 can, and a couple pistol cans also down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
    I have the 762-SDN-6 and have never looked back. It's a GREAT do all can and I suspect the 762-SD is equally as nice for less cost.
    I have been reading up a lot on different cans, and the sdn-6 looks like a good can for a do-it-all shorter barrel 556's and under 16" 762 stuff..Atleast from AAC's perspective that is..

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can tell me i am full of shit though...as i am a newbie to this...lol

Just been on my radar for a while and the AAC deal is just looking to hard to pass up....

Also a 223 bolt action toy is in the works...so another reason im thinking a 556 can and looking hard at the AAC 556-sd...

Downloads
    Uploads
    From your point of view, I agree, if you currently have no 7.62 toys a 5.56 can makes sense. For me, the negligible dB difference makes me sway toward the 7.62 because I have a .300blk build and id really like to thread the barrel on my .25-06. Wanna take a deer with a suppressor so bad

Downloads
    Uploads
    You'll never hear the difference on the range between a 5.56 can and a 7.62.

I'd save up a little more money for a 762SDN-6 and call it a day for both platforms.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was looking hard at the AAC 556 SD also as a first can and almost jumped on it specifically for the rebate. My fiance went with me and watched as I looked at all the AAC cans that my local dealer had and commented that for $400 bucks I might as well get the best one I could get. I chose the 762-SDN-6 because I could not hear a difference when I fired it out behind his shop between the 5.56 cans and 7.62. I figured it would be better to spend the money for a good one that I can swap around between guns than buy two of the cheaper ones. I even found out I can have my Saiga conversion threaded for it. I just want to be clear I have no experience with the whole suppressor thing just telling you what my rational was for picking the 762-SDN-6. I am impatiently waiting for my form 1 to come back and hope to see the form 4 before next summer. For what it's worth the 556 SD and 762-SDN-6 are relatively close in size and weight however the 7.62sd is longer and heavier.
    Here's a picture I took at his shop the discolored one is his personal M4-2000. From left to right Mini , M4-2000, 556 SD, 762-SDN-6, and 762SD.
    Last edited by cagekicker204; 11 October 2014 at 21:41. Reason: messed up order
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanx for the replies/info fellas....Pic showing them helps a little.Like i said i am thinking 556 can first and a 762 can later on for a ar-10 or 6.5/308 bolt gun...have no blackouts and right now not on my radar..

So the thinking was with so many 556 builds right now a dedicated 556 can would not be a bad thing, as i can tell you i wont be done at 1...lol..

Also heard the sdn-6 isnt the greatest on longer barrel applications..

Anyone using a 556-sd can?
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 12 October 2014 at 01:05.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I decided to get a 7.62 can so I can run it on all my rifles now i just have to wait for my Saker to get out of jail .

Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys aren't talking me in or out of this decision...lol

Looking around, and for what im after, i "dont" think the sdn-6 is what i want. As when i get a 30 caliber or similiar, most likely 260/creedmoor bolt action or ar10...i would be looking at a little better can for precision, which the thunderbeast look like a good choice..

Anyways....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand I liked both the 556 SD and the M4 - 2000 when I tried but like I said am new to the whole suppressor thing. My ears couldn't tell the difference between both and weight wise it's seemed to be the same. I think either would be a good choice. I would probably pick the 556 SD because I am cheap lol.
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have also been thinking of picking up the 556 SD. To me the price point can't be beat. The difference in db between it and say the m4-2000 is so negligible to me I don't see forking over the extra cash. I see what everyone is saying about buying a 762 can as a " one and done" option. I agree with this to a point because I have a 6.5 Grendel among my family of 556. But I'm in the same boat with OP. I'd like a dedicated can for either system. So having never shot a 556-SD, I assume it's similar to the M4-2000 ( which I have fired) i say it's a great choice. I've also shot a 300 blk through a thunder beast can and it's awesome! Shooting suppressed is the most fun you can have with your pants on IMO.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanx for the input guys, im listening..