Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm curious about the durability thing I see come up with many can-buyers...

How is this measured, and how is that measurement applied to one's actual use?

I suppose the irony is that the perceived tradeoff of "durable" is light weight,and that those who might actually need increased lifespan are also those that are likely to benefit from the reduced weight.

for the VAST majority of can buyers they buy the can, do a few round dumps when it shows up, realize it is heavier than they thought, louder than they thought, dirtier than they thought, and hotter than they thought, and stick the whole thing back in the safe until they decide to trot it out to impress someone on the range.

There are a VERY few people that shoot/train with a can on the gun all the time, and I know of several that have Ti cans that they haven't had issue with. Then there are another VERY few that hunt with the can (where legal) wherein I suppose the added weight/length/bulk/heat/etc. aren't a big deal.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Credz View Post
    Wow thanks for all the comments guys. I really do appreciate it!

I contacted a local gun shop where I bought a previous gun at and he can get the Saker 7.62 in for 880 plus tax and NFA transfer fee, which his is $50. So Total with everything it would be roughly $983 for the Saker plus the stamp then. The Saker was the one I had my hopes up for. I understand the wait will be longer but he has none in stock as it is and is a lot closer than the other shop, which I have no problem going back to he was awesome. I really cant find any other shop in my area that has any in stock. I might keep looking and reaching out to closer shops and see but I'm wanting the Saker. I will go with the 7.62 Saker if I can so I can get the 556 mount for more suppression. There are just so many choices out there lol. I'm still a little torn cause of the extra wait time if I go the Saker route. My next choice might be the AAC SR-7 maybe.

I do want to get the trust set up first so Im trying to find a local lawyer that is willing to help me out on that for a decent price.
    Check out Mr Silencer. THey are running a deal right for a trust and a discount on a suppressor (i beleive, just barely caught something about it online) look him up on facebook for the info

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

for the VAST majority of can buyers they buy the can, do a few round dumps when it shows up, realize it is heavier than they thought, louder than they thought, dirtier than they thought, and hotter than they thought, and stick the whole thing back in the safe until they decide to trot it out to impress someone on the range.
    This pretty much sums up 90% of people I know that own a can.

I try to keep the suppressors I have on dedicated host guns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With suppressors having experience with them first is worth all the trouble.

I was lucky to have great friends before I bought my first suppressors. So I got to try everything from rimfire to 308 suppressed. I got to try supersonic ammo, sub sonic and everything in between.

I agree having a dedicated host is a good call & will likely be going that route for my 300blk builds.

Extra money for Titanium suppressors & loss of weight is worth it.

If you are in Arizona hook up w those of us who go, have gone, or are going out w Merchant Firearms, Mr Silencer or others for Class 3 shoots to try the gear first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

That is my plan. Seems like a real pain in the ass to swap them around to a bunch of different guns and have to re-zero do to POI shift?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

It can also depend on what the host is. I stayed away from a Ti can because I knew it would run on a) a 10.3 SBR and b) it wasn't covered under any kind of warranty if shot on something that short. I compared that to the other offerings and went with another option (that also has top notch support should something bad happen).

I also find it depends on how I run the gun. That 10.3" gun almost always wears the can. This weekend I ran it in a competition but didn't run all the stages with it on because I didn't want to burn my leg on transitions. That's not the can's fault, I just wasn't completely comfortable with my sling set up, but that can be remedied with some more practice. I'll probably run it again next month but with the can on the whole time. 'Cause why not?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    That is my plan. Seems like a real pain in the ass to swap them around to a bunch of different guns and have to re-zero do to POI shift?
    I think it really depends on how you shoot and the mounting setup. I'm not trying to say "my setup" is better than another manufacturers, but here's what I find with how POI shift has affected me so far:

-In the competition I mentioned, one stage had us engaging steel targets from 100 out to 200 yards. This was one of the stages I ran my can on and had zero issues hitting the targets. At 50 yards, that gun will shoot ~1" low with the can on, to give you an idea of the POI. Yes, the steel targets were man sized, but I've been able to shoot my smaller "mini-IPSC" steel target at 200 just fine (assuming I can see it behind the dot).

-For close up work, the POI shift is barely even worth bringing up.

-For my two precision rigs, I have I currently have them zeroed unsuppressed, but I have the adjustment needed to rezero them when I put the can on. Because the POI is repeatable, it's not really an issue, I just have it in my log.

I understand thsi may not work for all setups, but minimal POI shift was a priority for me, so that was an area I focused on for my purchase decision. I've been very happy with the decision.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s;

There are a VERY few people that shoot/train with a can on the gun all the time, and I know of several that have Ti cans that they haven't had issue with. Then there are another VERY few that hunt with the can (where legal) wherein I suppose the added weight/length/bulk/heat/etc. aren't a big deal.
    I can't imagine buying a suppressor, multiple suppressors even, and not using them as much as possible. The only time I DONT shoot suppressed is with my .45s (no .45 can yet) and revolvers.

Everything else I shoot suppressed unless trying out a new handload for the first time. Range shooting, hunting, or just walking the property... it's suppressed

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks all for the input. I definitely plan on using the suppressor everytime I shoot the gun.

I Just need to do some more thinking how I want to approach the trust. The one local lawyer has told me he'd do it for $500 and one that is 90 Minutes away says $389. So I think the cost of gas and time spent traveling equal out. I'm just torn if I should go with a online trust since a lot of people do that and haven't had any issues. Any suggestions? I have tried to contact the sheriff but he hasn't got back to me on if he would sign or not. Plus I feel the trust is good for me since I can let my family and fiance use the items.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks all for the input. I definitely plan on using the suppressor everytime I shoot the gun.

I Just need to do some more thinking how I want to approach the trust. The one local lawyer has told me he'd do it for $500 and one that is 90 Minutes away says $389. So I think the cost of gas and time spent traveling equal out. I'm just torn if I should go with a online trust since a lot of people do that and haven't had any issues. Any suggestions? I have tried to contact the sheriff but he hasn't got back to me on if he would sign or not. Plus I feel the trust is good for me since I can let my family and fiance use the items.
    Spend some time calling Coyote Rifleworks. I hear they are good people and spend a lot of time going over your questions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im trolling this thread as i am this close to starting my nfa route..but reading up, digging change out of the pockets-cause this is gonna cost some $$..as no one can have just one..lol

All good info..

let me sidetrack a little..How come no 22 can first?

As im looking at a spectre 2 and the 556-sd...My neck of the woods, got a quote for $315 and $560 OTD for those 2 cans..from looking around these prices seem decent/good..
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 29 October 2014 at 01:35.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did send a message to Coyote Rifleworks and they responded really quick and even offered to do edits for me after the fact if I was unsure how to do it for a small $5 fee. I'm considering them though I want to reach again to them.

Well I do not have a 22 lol. All I have is a AR15 and a 9mm S&W currently. I do want to expand and get a S&W Pro CORE pistol at some point and a suppressor for that as well which if funds allowed get a 762 and 9mm suppressor. Depending on what trust route I go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Im trolling this thread as i am this close to starting my nfa route..but reading up, digging change out of the pockets-cause this is gonna cost some $$..as no one can have jus tone..lol

All good info..

let me sidetrack a little..How come no 22 can first?

As im looking at a spectre 2 and the 556-sd...My neck of the woods, got a quote for $315 and $560 OTD for those 2 cans..from looking around these prices seem decent/good..
    Silencer shop has a $99 spectre if you buy the SDN I believe

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did send a message to Coyote Rifleworks and they responded really quick and even offered to do edits for me after the fact if I was unsure how to do it for a small $5 fee. I'm considering them though I want to reach again to them.

Well I do not have a 22 lol. All I have is a AR15 and a 9mm S&W currently. I do want to expand and get a S&W Pro CORE pistol at some point and a suppressor for that as well which if funds allowed get a 762 and 9mm suppressor. Depending on what trust route I go.
    I had Coyote Rifleworks do my trust and am very satisfied. I spoke with Eric at length, and he answered all my questions. I had him do a revision after the original and it was done literally in minutes. They donated 10 trusts to the Stickman 100k giveaway.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Silencer shop has a $99 spectre if you buy the SDN I believe

Not the sdn-6, its the specwar 762 and the option of the spectre 2 for 99 bux..

the prices i was referring to, he has a sdn-6 en route and said $800 plus tax for that one..Just dont know if i can pull it off..im in a kinda tough situation, and my wants exceed reality for me..lol...Would have to sell a few guns...and i hate that...lol