Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skijunkie55 View Post
    Why was your's $130? did they charge extra for fingerprinting?? I live around the corner from the sheriff's office, so I went and got my stuff taken care of during lunch one day. Got my CPL in the mail within 40 days. We did away with the gun board, having to pick up your CPL in person, etc. (ottawa county)

It was changed from CCW because i believe in Michigan that is the felony charge associated with carrying a concealed weapon without legal permission to do so (ie CPL )
    http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-750-227

One thing that is beneficial with michigan's CPL requirements is that we have reciprocity with nearly every state that allows for concealed carry due to the training requirement, while not all states have reciprocity in Michigan. Oregon and Washington for instance don't share that benefit...
    http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html

Just in case you get the itch to travel or move for the promise of greater "freedom"
    Thank you for the info ☺️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Taking the class/shooting portion for mine tomorrow morning. Looking forward to filing for it shortly there after.
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by camomike View Post
    Taking the class/shooting portion for mine tomorrow morning. Looking forward to filing for it shortly there after.
    How'd it go?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd say it went well.
    First 10 rounds. 5, mag change, 5 - around 7-8 seconds at 7 yards. Instructor leaned in and said "ummm you passed"
    Was using my G21 Was happy with it. He had me fire about 20 more rounds (off hand) signed off, Then gave me the range to shoot for fun.
    I will say I was really pleased to see the amount of women taking the class; 4 out of the 10 of us. Was also pleased to see the age range. I think I was the youngest in the class at 34. Most of the people were in their mid 40's, one of the people was a lady in her mid to late 60's and my father came in the oldest at 74.

It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by camomike View Post
    I'd say it went well.
    First 10 rounds. 5, mag change, 5 - around 7-8 seconds at 7 yards. Instructor leaned in and said "ummm you passed"
    Was using my G21 Was happy with it. He had me fire about 20 more rounds (off hand) signed off, Then gave me the range to shoot for fun.
    I will say I was really pleased to see the amount of women taking the class; 4 out of the 10 of us. Was also pleased to see the age range. I think I was the youngest in the class at 34. Most of the people were in their mid 40's, one of the people was a lady in her mid to late 60's and my father came in the oldest at 74.

Awesome. My instructor had Comp bring the AR over so we could have some fun with those after my class. I'm glad I took it with him.