Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Moar lumens makes me happy.

You guys should make bodies for the streamlight protac HL series. I also wish they accepted rechargeable batteries
    You know, I've had people ask me about boring out the bodies to accept rechargeable cells.

Regarding the Protac HL, that's a full size 1" diameter light. Are you suggesting we make a new body with scout lugs on it that uses the streamlight heads and tailcaps?

Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Will these Scout bodies accept Elzetta heads?
    I highly doubt it, but I was thinking about doing an elzetta compatible body last night, no joke. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post

I highly doubt it, but I was thinking about doing an elzetta compatible body last night, no joke. :)
    If you could make the body use the Scout mounts and use Surefire remote switches. A 315 lumen Elzetta head with a Mini Scout body, and SR07 switch would be cool.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know, I've had people ask me about boring out the bodies to accept rechargeable cells.

Regarding the Protac HL, that's a full size 1" diameter light. Are you suggesting we make a new body with scout lugs on it that uses the streamlight heads and tailcaps?

Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    If you could make the body use the Scout mounts and use Surefire remote switches. A 315 lumen Elzetta head with a Mini Scout body, and SR07 switch would be cool.
    Yes, yes, yes. I've been wanting an Elzetta Alpha, but I really prefer the pic. rail-mountable Surefire switches.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    Yes, yes, yes. I've been wanting an Elzetta Alpha, but I really prefer the pic. rail-mountable Surefire switches.
    Same here.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    So elzetta head threads and keep the surefire tailcap. OK. Darn, I'll just have to go out and purchase an elzetta light to get the threads and spacing. :)

Edit: it appears that the alpha is a one piece body and head. They don't sell a single cell head. We can look into doing a 2 cell version.
    Last edited by Slippers; 2 January 2015 at 08:26.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So elzetta head threads and keep the surefire tailcap. OK. Darn, I'll just have to go out and purchase an elzetta light to get the threads and spacing. :)
    I'd be willing to buy an Alpha and an SR07 if that would help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a UE07 so no worries there. But the alpha head is part of the body so we can't do anything for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now you have my interest piqued. I'm going to go see if my Elzetta Bravo head fits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see what you mean. I was thinking the Alpha would break down like the Bravo and Charlie. Looks like you would have to step up to the Bravo to make it happen (which wouldn't be bad either).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes on protac. If you make a body that accepts those 18860 or whatever number rechargeable batteries and attaches to rail (or to your mount) it would be awesome and since the lights are cheaper than SFs it may be more widely accepted

Downloads
    Uploads
    So is it better to use surefire tailcaps across the board?

Also, before anyone gets too excited just remember it takes time to make this stuff a reality. We have a few parts queued up before we start making m600 bodies, let alone variants to use streamlight or elzetta heads.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So is it better to use surefire tailcaps across the board?

Also, before anyone gets too excited just remember it takes time to make this stuff a reality. We have a few parts queued up before we start making m600 bodies, let alone variants to use streamlight or elzetta heads.
    surefire tails allow wired momentary on buttons so yeah, that would be awesome. I don't know how it would transfer over to streamlight or elzetta but bang for buck is definitely not on SF's side.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see the AVS bezel on the elzetta site for $115, which is the larger head, 650 lumens. The "standard" head on the bravos uses a 235 lumen Malkoff LED unit, and doesn't appear to be for sale. There's really no reason we can't do the same thing, i.e. make our own head that uses Malkoff drop-ins, but then we're back to the whole issue of waiting on Malkoff.

I'll have to see what Walt thinks and do some more research. Of course, the AVS heads are nice, but not sure everyone wants something that large or bright.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see the AVS bezel on the elzetta site for $115, which is the larger head, 650 lumens. The "standard" head on the bravos uses a 235 lumen Malkoff LED unit, and doesn't appear to be for sale. There's really no reason we can't do the same thing, i.e. make our own head that uses Malkoff drop-ins, but then we're back to the whole issue of waiting on Malkoff.

I'll have to see what Walt thinks and do some more research. Of course, the AVS heads are nice, but not sure everyone wants something that large or bright.
    We can get you in touch with Dave Barnett at Elzetta if you want to work on a collaboration.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys should end up making your own heads, bodies and tail caps that are interchangeable with SF/SL/etc