Page 15 of 81 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    We can get you in touch with Dave Barnett at Elzetta if you want to work on a collaboration.
    This would be cool. And yes on the Surefire tail caps.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Elzetta Design Bravo is too big. So No Dice

I wasn't aware that they also used Malkoff M60 heads. Just goes to tell you I didn't pay attention or ever pull the Elzetta lights apart.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for posting that picture. Interesting how they set it up. It wouldn't be difficult at all to make a modified scout body that accepts M60 drop ins and uses the Elzetta bezels. Or make our own bezel. No big deal on the lathe to run those.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered a body from you this morning and it was already shipped (only 4 hours later). Now that's service.

Just waiting on Malkoff to restock now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Thanks for posting that picture. Interesting how they set it up. It wouldn't be difficult at all to make a modified scout body that accepts M60 drop ins and uses the Elzetta bezels. Or make our own bezel. No big deal on the lathe to run those.
    Sounds like your only issue will be trying to find which light bodies will be most popular to make it worth the cost of producing.

I like the Surefire Bodies, but I like the Elzetta heads better, since they offer such a wide assortment. Either way, you guys are cranking out some great stuff!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should just make your own at this point

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    I ordered a body from you this morning and it was already shipped (only 4 hours later). Now that's service.

Just waiting on Malkoff to restock now.
    Thank you! And yes...lots of people waiting it seems, including me. I'm trying to buy some in bulk for complete lights. Last time I emailed Gene it was "soon" but someone posted on m4c that it will be "weeks" until they are in.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Sounds like your only issue will be trying to find which light bodies will be most popular to make it worth the cost of producing.

I like the Surefire Bodies, but I like the Elzetta heads better, since they offer such a wide assortment. Either way, you guys are cranking out some great stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    You should just make your own at this point
    I don't think Walt and I intend to become a full-fledged light manufacturer. It wasn't really the direction we wanted to take with Arisaka. A collaboration might be a better route.

When we get to the m600 scout bodies it shouldn't to very difficult to make a variant that accepts elzetta heads. Then it'll be possible to throw one of their AVS heads on the front for $115 and have a really nice light for decent cost.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about a thread adapter so you can use an Elzetta head with the scout body.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    How about a thread adapter so you can use an Elzetta head with the scout body.
    I guess it's possible. It would have to also encase a second battery. The elzetta AVS heads won't run off a single cell. Or, they probably do, but they're going to be dimming as the battery drains since it would be past regulation.

Might not look very pretty, either. The simplest, most reliable (due to lack of extra o-rings/threads), and best looking solution would still be a dedicated scout body that takes elzetta heads and surefire tail caps.

Perhaps an adapter for the m600 length bodies to accept elzetta heads instead of a whole separate part. Hmmm!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The simplest, most reliable (due to lack of extra o-rings/threads), and best looking solution would still be a dedicated scout body that takes elzetta heads and surefire tail caps.
    I like this idea the best.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like this idea the best.
    You're probably going to get your wish. :)

On another note, vert grips soon...

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're probably going to get your wish. :)

On another note, vert grips soon...

Will it be one or two cell?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    can i sale you my idea ?? lol
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got my body today. The machining and finish on it are really nice.

I don't own a Scout light, but I've got a UE07 on the way. Until Malkoff get their heads back in stock I can't do much with it, but I'll get a couple photos up soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will it be one or two cell?
    Two cell. Can't do a one cell unless Elzetta wants to sell alpha bezels/drop-ins separately. I feel like offering it in a two cell version will appeal to a wider array of users, since it will allow the light to work with the AVS heads in addition to the standard heads.

Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    can i sale you my idea ?? lol
    I guess that depends on the idea and what it costs. :)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    I got my body today. The machining and finish on it are really nice.

I don't own a Scout light, but I've got a UE07 on the way. Until Malkoff get their heads back in stock I can't do much with it, but I'll get a couple photos up soon.
    Lack of malkoff inventory strikes again.
    Glad you like the body, otherwise.

Another new item we're releasing this week is a little optic leveler tool. There are others that work in a similar manner on the market, but most are very expensive, built in to mounts, or only work on Picatinny rails. Our design is made to work on one piece mounts, since most people don't use stand-alone rings on AR15s. It can work on a Picatinny rail, too, of course.

If you're not familiar with how these work, you place your scope in your mount/rings and tighten it down to take up the slack, but leave it loose enough so you can still rotate it by hand. You then place the leveler base directly under the turret cluster and slide the wedge in from the side. The matching angles on the wedge and base cause the wedge to rise upwards, until it hits the turret cluster and levels the scope. You can then tighten one ring, remove the leveler, and tighten the other ring. If your scope is of decent quality and the reticle is aligned with the turret cluster, you're all set.