Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Bad news on the tail caps. They arrived today, but the anodizers messed up, and they look *really* bad. We cannot sell them in their current condition. Hopefully they can be redone, but Walt and I doubt it at this point.

Luckily we only sent 2/3 of the production run, so the other 1/3 is on the way. This still means they won't be back for a couple weeks, and leaves the question about whether they will be anodized properly.
    I'll still buy one and just say it's from surefire 😁

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for another great product, Slippers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/NVhSWXt.jpg

Thanks for another great product, Slippers!
    Looks great. Which rail are you using? And thank you! :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Looks great. Which rail are you using? And thank you! :)
    MI SSK. When are you going to get some stickers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    MI SSK. When are you going to get some stickers?
    I'm not sure which I'm more jealous of: your board or your set up lol. Very nice!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    I'm not sure which I'm more jealous of: your board or your set up lol. Very nice!
    Thanks. I like stickers lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I like stickers lol
    So we see lol.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess the Aero mount just doesn't like this type of leveler, but it still works

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I guess the Aero mount just doesn't like this type of leveler, but it still works

Please, do explain these photos. That is how you leveled your scope?

I use an AERO Precision mount and once the scope is leveled and set up the thing is fantastic. Getting it level is the hard part... given I used redneck ingenuity to get-er-dun... but I am curious about how this thing in your pics works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Please, do explain these photos. That is how you leveled your scope?

I use an AERO Precision mount and once the scope is leveled and set up the thing is fantastic. Getting it level is the hard part... given I used redneck ingenuity to get-er-dun... but I am curious about how this thing in your pics works.
    If you look at the top/first picture you will see the small leveler piece against the other small piece that attaches to the flat part of the mount. the small leveler piece is pushed forward until the optic is level and sits on it - tighten the screws and you are done.

Only issue is - and this can be avoided at install, you just need to mount the optic a little further back (towards the rear of the mount), not like mine which is mounted slightly forward which only allows a small portion of the leveler to have contact.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you look at the top/first picture you will see the small leveler piece against the other small piece that attaches to the flat part of the mount. the small leveler piece is pushed forward until the optic is level and sits on it - tighten the screws and you are done.

Only issue is - and this can be avoided at install, you just need to mount the optic a little further back (towards the rear of the mount), not like mine which is mounted slightly forward which only allows a small portion of the leveler to have contact.
    I have found with the Aero Mount because of it's sideways clamshell type clamp it kept on taking my scope off of level when I tightened it down. It would rotate the scope as it gets tightened.

I leveled mine by finding a flat surface that was level. I used a small bubble level on that. Then I put the level on top of the turret and leveled it like that as well. The first time I tried it it took me a while. With this new scope it took me 5 or 6 tries to get it on there level after it was all tightened down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I have found with the Aero Mount because of it's sideways clamshell type clamp it kept on taking my scope off of level when I tightened it down. It would rotate the scope as it gets tightened.

I leveled mine by finding a flat surface that was level. I used a small bubble level on that. Then I put the level on top of the turret and leveled it like that as well. The first time I tried it it took me a while. With this new scope it took me 5 or 6 tries to get it on there level after it was all tightened down.
    This device makes that a non-issue. Just stick it under there, tighten up the screws, done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This device makes that a non-issue. Just stick it under there, tighten up the screws, done.
    If I would have known then what I know now

Downloads
    Uploads
    Malkoff has the E2/Scout heads in stock for 2 cell bodies: http://www.malkoffdevices.com/malkof...cPath=1_14_50&

They also have half a dozen E1/Scout single cell heads left: http://www.malkoffdevices.com/malkof...00-1cr123-head
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com