Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And of course there's the big price difference. It is weird that Surefire charges almost the same price for either a stand-alone head or complete light. At least they have started offering lights without the tape switch for substantially less.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    And of course there's the big price difference. It is weird that Surefire charges almost the same price for either a stand-alone head or complete light. At least they have started offering lights without the tape switch for substantially less.
    That is very weird, I agree. Probably the same concept as buying a new car being cheaper than buying it piece by piece from the same dealership. That said, the Surefire head and the features do cost a pretty penny to produce. Surefire uses CoC polymer for their TIR's (noone else can afford it in batches to make it profitable), and the contrast that their LED's provide is second to none. Even my 92CRI+ Nichia LED's don't give me the "pop" that the SF current generation LED's do. It's hard to explain, but the SF stuff doesn't "Gray out" at longer distances.

Check out the contrast it delivers, even at 50 yards. No gray-out at all. THIS is what helps me determine if something is a raccoon standing still, or a stump, or whatever. Illumination is not enough. You need to perceive contrast.:
    Last edited by JGifford; 8 May 2015 at 11:15.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am NOT AT ALL attacking the Arisaka/Malkoff combo, which is a killer deal and great kit. I am simply trying to address the assertion that "Surefire is another $150 just for the name". No...it's not. It's a different product at a higher price that offers different attributes, which are not arrived at for free on the R&D or production side.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish I could take pretty pictures : (

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those stubborn mule rails look great. Nice clean lines. The angular slots at the 45 degree positions remind me of Mega's MML and Wedge Lock.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    My Arisaka M300 body and M-LOK mount arrived the other day. Also at the same time as my M300C arrived. I quickly swapped the tail-cap and LED head over, and was very pleased with how smooth and clean the threads were. Very pleased with my Arisaka products so far. Great machine work, exactly what one would hope for. No surprises, here. Very happy!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Very cool shot.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got my CMR and keymod mounted on my favorite lighteweight 14.5s. The positioning is ideal - thumb slides naturally to the button. Seems bright enough for for relatively close use. Folks at the range today noticed and asked about them.

Speaking of the range, it was a great day. I'm liking the Israeli red dot more even than the T1. Not saying it is better or tougher, just ease of getting a quick sight picture and more quickly setting the illum level. And the 3x Acog feels like cheating at fifty yards. Best part was watching my buddy's young (24ish) girlfriend take to the ARs. She had never touched one before yet shot as good or better than me. Wish I had taken a picture of her 50 yard 28 shot group. Just tore up the bull with maybe a 4" spread with the Acog. First time at that distance- seated bench with neither end on a bag! I think she will frame and mount that target.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Got my CMR and keymod mounted on my favorite lighteweight 14.5s. The positioning is ideal - thumb slides naturally to the button. Seems bright enough for for relatively close use. Folks at the range today noticed and asked about them.

Speaking of the range, it was a great day. I'm liking the Israeli red dot more even than the T1. Not saying it is better or tougher, just ease of getting a quick sight picture and more quickly setting the illum level. And the 3x Acog feels like cheating at fifty yards. Best part was watching my buddy's young (24ish) girlfriend take to the ARs. She had never touched one before yet shot as good or better than me. Wish I had taken a picture of her 50 yard 28 shot group. Just tore up the bull with maybe a 4" spread with the Acog. First time at that distance- seated bench with neither end on a bag! I think she will frame and mount that target.

Can you tell me how wide that CMR rail is? Also, how much clearance between bezel and FS mount screw (that is an MBUS Pro?) and what "hole" is that mount set on? You have your light mounted EXACTLY how I want mine mounted on a MEGA Wedgelock rail. I want to know if it will fit...Arisaka THINKS it might. They are pretty darn sure it will. But...

Also, I use an Aimpoint T2 and a G33 magnifier. It's not quite as light as your ACOG setup (about 5oz heavier or so), but I know exactly what you mean about "cheating" at 50 yards. I can see my bullet holes at 100 yards with it in good lighting. Shooting 1-1.5 MOA at 100 yards is cake with it when I use good ammo.

I remember the very first AR-15 I shot, as well. It was an M4 type, with what I recall as an Aimpoint Comp M2 (Didn't know it then, but I remember being told "Aimpoint", and it was from that era, I think?). I was just a kid, maybe 9, maybe 11, maybe 13? I don't remember. Anyway, a nice Mr. Police Man let me shoot his at an indoor 25 yard range. I was told "Put the dot on the target and squeeze". So, I did. I believe it was 26 shots? Anyway, recoil was nil, and I felt useless with it. I figured I might have hit the paper a few times. Maybe a shotgun like group. Banging away a shot a second or so. But when we went to collect the target, it was a neat 3-ish inch group! Everyone, especially me, was very surprised and impressed!

Prior to that, my father had a .22 bolt-action rifle (Remington Model 41), and a 1911 that his father had bought him (this is the ONLY 1911 worth a damn to me, and only because of the family story.), anyway, after that, he set about buying a Colt accurized rifle. Then he got a good deal on a HBAR 6601 (this was in the mid/early Clinton years, no flash-hiders, etc. and the flat-top wasn't quite the hotness just yet). his collection has since boomed to include literally so many AR's that I cannot remember them all. Everything from a .300 SAUM to a POS Oly Arms plinker (which has yet to malfunction in ANY way. Ever...)

It's what sparked me to do a few YouTube videos of me shooting. You know, cans, wood, cinderblocks, meat chunks. What prompted a Ranger friend of mine to tell me my skillset was worthless in the real world. What prompted me to tell him to either help me fix it, or STFU and motor on about his business, which led to him extending an invite to me to attend a VTAC Carbine 1.5 class, which has led to more friends than I'd made years prior to that class, and opened my eyes to a whole world of new experiences.

So yeah, man...you really might have blown the lid off a can of worms! Good on you! It took me 5 years, but a month before I quite my last job at the hospital I was at before, I built an M4 for a co-worker and sold it to him at probably $200 below my actual cost to build it. Why? Friendship is priceless, and I hope to have infected him with BRD!
    Last edited by JGifford; 13 May 2015 at 17:08.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The CMR is 1.6" wide at the side flats. My mount uses the forward two of the three helicoil holes.The Mpro screw head is just barely making contact with the light. The mount has three spots to adjust laterally. I'm using the middle. It will wear a spot eventually, but it's worth it to me for better thumb reach. In the far out position it does not touch. Just a tiny bit more away, maybe 1/32".

My dad didn't shoot at all, but my uncle on the farm lived to hunt. When we visited he would give us 2 minutes instructions, hand my brother and me pistols or rifles and send us into the woods to shoot whatever we could hit. Hard to believe my mom was okay with her 10-12 year old boys alone with a 1911, .357 or 30.06.

Generally semi-auto handguns don't excite me as much as ARs. 1911s are the exception. I love both the shooting and the ergos. today I shot equally well with my primitive sights Colt WW1 repro and my pal's Ed Brown Commander. Up to 25 yds. At 50 I'd be eating EB dust.

Looking at the 200 yard targets today I can't imagine using less than 4 power. But the 19 year old me shot 300-400 with M-14 irons. Eyes sure can get worn out with age.
    Last edited by Uffdaphil; 13 May 2015 at 18:04.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The offset mount definitely fits the wedge lock. I placed one on the floor model at shot. If you're using mbus pros you shouldn't have any trouble at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you even fingerstop bro? Lol MLOK and Keymod fingerstops from Arisaka. I'll admit I wasn't sold on them at first but after using them. They are and will be my go to from now on!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Decided to kick another pic out today. This was my first time messing with MLOK accessories and I must say it was one of the best experiences with installing accessories i've ever had. Super easy!