Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1154
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    391
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    Nice. Didn't realize you put a KMR on the LWRC 😜
    Only the best for me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    That's neat. I haven't used one on a bottom 45 degree flat, only 6 o'clock. I'll have to give that a try at the range this week and see how it feels.
    This actually worked really well. I'm going to leave it there for a few weeks. It indexes my hand well for running the light.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,583
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Now that markm is unbanned on m4c, I wonder if he'll see this. :)

    Anyway, few days late, but better late than never, right? This is the prototype mini Scout compatible body, fully functional. The main difference between this and the stock body is that the mounting wings for the stock picatinny clamp are cut off, completely. This gives a huge amount of extra clearance, and when combined with our inline mount will let you run Troy/Diamondhead/MBUS polymer sights without any problems, on both sides of the handguard.

    The mounting lugs on the bottom are the same as the stock Scout body, otherwise, so you can still use any other aftermarket Scout mount, like Gear Sector.

    The non-Surefire head shown in the picture is a Malkoff Scout head, which retails for $79. The tailcaps on both are the Surefire Z68, which go for about $35. I can't promise anything, but we're aiming for a $70 price point, if not less. You guys can do the math on having a complete "Scout" light. :)

    Sorry for the picture quality, snapped these under some yucky twirly bulbs.


    Note the width of the light just above the lugs where the wings are trimmed:







    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    7,592
    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    4
    This scout body is awesome, being able to have a mini-scout for about $184 is really cool.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,583
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Yum.

    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,715
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Shit....

    I need like 3 or 4 of these.... Great idea!

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,583
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Shit....

    I need like 3 or 4 of these.... Great idea!
    Ask and ye shall receive...once they're anodized. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,715
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    If you bought a previous Scout light new you should already have extra tailcaps laying around, so you're saving money already.

    Genius.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,583
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Yeah, it'll probably be locating an extra head that's the issue. Right now the choices are:

    Malkoff E1/Scout head $69 from Malkoff
    Malkoff VME head with an M31 module $82 from Malkoff

    You can also buy a Surefire head, but it doesn't make much sense. They charge almost as much as a whole new light for just the head:
    Surefire KE1A 200 lumen LED $233 from B&H (M300B head)
    Surefire KM1A $270 IR/LED from B&H (new combo head on the M300V)

    Tailcaps are going to be:
    Z68 shrouded $32 on Amazon (free ship), $34 on B&H
    Z61 unshrouded #37 on B&H
    UE07 tape switch plus tailcap $90 on B&H

    A few posts up I estimated a $70 price for the body. It's going to be cheaper, for sure. Under $60 for certain. I have one of the Malkoff E1/Scout heads here and it's pretty good. Brighter than the KE1A but the beam isn't as focused. It has a lot more spill, which I actually prefer.

    We're going to offer a discounted combo with the body and inline mount as a package, too.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    391
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Holy crap is this going to be nice. I can start rounding up the head and cap right away.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SE MI
    Posts
    4,510
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Yeah, it'll probably be locating an extra head that's the issue. Right now the choices are:

    Malkoff E1/Scout head $69 from Malkoff
    Malkoff VME head with an M31 module $82 from Malkoff

    You can also buy a Surefire head, but it doesn't make much sense. They charge almost as much as a whole new light for just the head:
    Surefire KE1A 200 lumen LED $233 from B&H (M300B head)
    Surefire KM1A $270 IR/LED from B&H (new combo head on the M300V)

    Tailcaps are going to be:
    Z68 shrouded $32 on Amazon (free ship), $34 on B&H
    Z61 unshrouded #37 on B&H
    UE07 tape switch plus tailcap $90 on B&H

    A few posts up I estimated a $70 price for the body. It's going to be cheaper, for sure. Under $60 for certain. I have one of the Malkoff E1/Scout heads here and it's pretty good. Brighter than the KE1A but the beam isn't as focused. It has a lot more spill, which I actually prefer.

    We're going to offer a discounted combo with the body and inline mount as a package, too.
    Wow. This is gonna be AWESOME.

    I was just looking up used scouts last night!
    At this point I could "build" a new one for just as cheap (or cheaper) than a used.
    VERY cool!
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, WTGB, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    391
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    At this point I could "build" a new one for just as cheap (or cheaper) than a used.
    Not funding the marble arches in the SureFire executive washroom is the added bonus. :)

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    391
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Pappabear from M4c pays the light bill at SF.


  13. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,583
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Pappabear from M4c pays the light bill at SF.

    http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps9ef62c85.jpg
    6P Defender, not bad. I suppose I don't help the financial demise of Surefire that you wish for either, mark. And if UWone77 needs 4-5 bodies, he's even more at fault! :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,583
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Offering 15% off with coupon code veteransday at www.arisakadefense.com from now until Wednesday.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    7,592
    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    4
    Very cool, thanks for the code Slippers.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •