Page 50 of 81 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

The one on top straddles 2 slots.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You can straddle 2 different slots, I've done it before with Arisaka Mounts.
    Cool. I thought so but I wanted to check to make sure. I can straddle them with my other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Slippers can answer the dimension question since I'm at work as well as how the clicky switch works but that is a momentary switch pictured, they look the same on the outside.

As for the picture I'll see if I can get one for you tomorrow, One slot back. I think you can straddle the two slots but I'm not positive.
    Yeah man. That will be great. One slot back would be cool. Then I can kind of feel out on my own rail about how it would all fit. A pic like that would be a big help.

If Slippers reads this the length dimensions would be helpful. How long is the head and how long is the whole thing with the momentary switch...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytwan View Post

The one on top straddles 2 slots.
    That's awesome. Thank you!

Can you do me a favor and measure how far it extends past the end of the handguard in that position?

Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW I measured mine and if it extends out past the handguard no more than 3/4 of an inch that would be good. Ideally it will only be 1/2 an inch or less.

Anything more than 3/4" and my light head will be right in the path of my muzzle blast. That's not an ideal thing if you ask me. Back to 1/2 an inch or less and I won't be worried about it.

Also those lights don't interfere with a suppressor do they? I assume not but I am just making sure.

Based on my rough eyeballing it where Naytwan has his mounted straddling two slots will also be in a good position in the rear as well. Not too far back where it interferes with my grip.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any M-Lok accessory can straddle two slots. It's part of the design guidelines.

The tailcap is the same length regardless of internals. We have OAL listed on the site as 3.8". With the momentary you back it off slightly to get the desired movement and feel, so it might be 3.9" OAL instead when in actual use.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Any M-Lok accessory can straddle two slots. It's part of the design guidelines.

The tailcap is the same length regardless of internals. We have OAL listed on the site as 3.8". With the momentary you back it off slightly to get the desired movement and feel, so it might be 3.9" OAL instead when in actual use.
    Based on that and Naytwan's picture it looks like that bad boy would work like a charm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    That's awesome. Thank you!

Can you do me a favor and measure how far it extends past the end of the handguard in that position?

Not sure if you noticed but I am running the light AND mount from Ariska. I plan on getting another and selling the one on the brown rifle after my 686 purchase is complete. Its a really good light/mount.
    Last edited by Naytwan; 15 March 2016 at 12:26.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  Arisaka BB Angle Up-WM.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  406.8 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Loving the new mount and anodizing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Loving the new mount and anodizing.

Yea I do too! Also loving the new finish on the mount and light. It's the cats meow...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea I do too! Also loving the new finish on the mount and light. It's the cats meow...
    Indeed. Been saying for a while I need another and really want one now.

Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned. When backing off the tailcap be sure to test hitting the bolt release in a dark room. Mine needed quite a bit to prevent a momentary flicker on that could be dangerous in some situations. I do love this light/mount. Now have one each for M-Lok, Keymod and CMR.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned. When backing off the tailcap be sure to test hitting the bolt release in a dark room. Mine needed quite a bit to prevent a momentary flicker on that could be dangerous in some situations. I do love this light/mount. Now have one each for M-Lok, Keymod and CMR.
    Yep, I found the same.

david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I find half a turn is enough, and gives a nice feel to the switch press. If you make it too sensitive then the inertia of the switch internals and shock of the bolt closing will cause the contact surfaces to touch.

Also, if you assembled the light yourself and sourced the Malkoff head direct from Malkoff Devices or somewhere else, you'll definitely want to stretch the spring on the head a little. This is recommended by Gene since it ensures the battery is pressed back into the scout body (both OEM and ours). Surefire heads sit deeper into the front of the body, and don't need the spring stretched.

The reason this is important is that it ensures the spring on the momentary switch has a consistent surface to press against. If you don't stretch the Malkoff head spring, the whole battery can shift forward, and the spring tension of the momentary switch is lessened.

When you buy a complete light from us it's set up properly, since I go through each one myself. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice shot, and nice looking mounts.

The light looks good also...something I need , had a WML it was Allright , gave that to a friend after he seen it and was in ah ( handicapped neighborhood friend I introduced the black bug to ..lol)..anyways good stuff fellas!!