Thread: 308 Build

Downloads
    Uploads

308 Build

I am considering building a 308 AR and have been looking at parts to do so. I have also looked at complete rifles and the cost of a build vs a complete rifle doesn't seem to be that much different. I was wondering if it would be better to build or buy a rifle? I am open to suggestions/part or rifle recommendations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always build that way I can have it set up exactly how I want and am not paying for stuff to go in the parts bin . I built a Mega Maten and love it , another option is site sponsor Aero Precision M5 upper lower combo on sale for $288

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/aspx/sto...l.aspx?pid=342
    Also imo but I would go with a DPMS pattern over ar10 .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucking_Futs View Post
    I am considering building a 308 AR and have been looking at parts to do so. I have also looked at complete rifles and the cost of a build vs a complete rifle doesn't seem to be that much different. I was wondering if it would be better to build or buy a rifle? I am open to suggestions/part or rifle recommendations.
    Like with any other builds, top 2 questions are...first, what's your intended purpose for the rifle, and second, what's your budget?

Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as buying a complete AR-10 I would recommend a M&P-10. My buddy started with one of these and has been doing some mods to it. It's buy far my favorite complete AR-10. It's a lot lighter than the other AR-10 platforms I've played with, I really like its balance and the way it handles.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd buy a GII. Actually I'd build one if parts were available, but they're not yet.