Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Was it that white one I've seen some pictures of. If so then I don't think that was the same polymer material they use for their heavy duty stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Its the KAC, but costs on the material have made it a no-go for production, or at least for right now according to Trey Knight. Its been brought up that a SS or tool steel variant would be cheaper to produce, and would still be heavy duty.

I'm not sure that KAC is looking to simply mass produce a muzzle device, but it will be interesting to see if it pans out. It certainly appears to be the most effective unit on the market, but at a certain point, the overall cost is going to dictate sales. How many people will line for a muzzle brake that runs two hundred dollars? What about if it was 3 or 4 hundred?

For KAC parts, I would contact KAC directly, they have been selling direct for a little while now.
    I hear you... I hear you... and you're right. Still want to get my hands on one to test though.

Everyone I saw in Knights shirt at their open house and their booth I mentioned interest in this particular product.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    Was it that white one I've seen some pictures of. If so then I don't think that was the same polymer material they use for their heavy duty stuff.
    Don't remember what color it was. I'm sure if they decide to go the polymer route it will be pmag material or something close.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless I'm missing the point somehow, I think it's admittedly difficult to predict what specific materials would be used in a production variant -- though the guesses to this point are likely not far from the mark. Whatever they might choose to use, it will surely be up to the task.

I only bring this up because there is often a significant difference between the prototype components we tend to see early on (or at places like SHOT), and the final production versions of anything involving a Magpul polymer. Granted, that's easier to see on a rough-finished prototype stock than it is on something like a pre-production BAD, but we seem to still be at that "proof of concept" stage here.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well even if Magpul's polymer version doesn't hold up, they can always fall back on aluminum or steel.

I built one using 6061 Al, and it's holding up pretty good. Everyone may thing it's a easy thing to do, but there's a lot of engineering thought process placed into that little thing. I've built up couple of prototypes for fun, and as I look at it more, I see thing Magpul did to that guy that makes it great. Can't wait for it to come out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Unless I'm missing the point somehow, I think it's admittedly difficult to predict what specific materials would be used in a production variant -- though the guesses to this point are likely not far from the mark. Whatever they might choose to use, it will surely be up to the task.

I only bring this up because there is often a significant difference between the prototype components we tend to see early on (or at places like SHOT), and the final production versions of anything involving a Magpul polymer. Granted, that's easier to see on a rough-finished prototype stock than it is on something like a pre-production BAD, but we seem to still be at that "proof of concept" stage here.

AC
    I share the same opinion. I'm confident the one I saw that was flimsy was "proof of concept" only. I made no judgments. Exciting to see them concerned with things like even the smallest amount of weight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got mine and it appears that I needed it.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure that I completely follow.

Are you talking about a production-ready BAD, and if so, are you just referring to the operational benefits (i.e. speed and simplicity)?

AC