Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul Dynamics Training DVD

While some people might say that training, or a training DVD isn't really an accessory, I think its a moot point. Without the ability to work a tool, its just another object cluttering up your area.

I think most people may have already heard, but Magpul has released their 3 DVD set from their training division. I have not had a chance to sit down and watch it yet, but I was curious to see if anyone else has, and what their thoughts were.

I don't expect anyone will be able to watch a DVD (or 3), and come out top of the crop, but I would expect that a well laid out training plan combined with drills on the part of the viewer would put them ahead of the power curve.

Thoughts?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Doesn't it have a drill section? I could see the utlity in that. A way to go back over skills and keep them in the frontal lobe between training cycles, or when you can't get to an actual range.
    I'm going to order the set and take a look at it. I wanted to go to the MD class in Houston this week but Household 6 had other plans.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the first training DVD I've considered buying.

Do I think it will be as beneficial training as going to an actual Kyle Lamb, Pat Rogers or Chris Costa class? No.

But if it gives me some new things to think about and some new drills to practice I think it would be beneficial and worth the money. I'm looking forward to a review from WEVO staff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    JMO, it is certainly worth the $40. I feel that a lot of people will find some new and maybe better ways to try out in training or add to their toolbox.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Retail is only 40.00 for 3 DVD's? If so thats one heck of a bargain.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIHAN View Post
    Retail is only 40.00 for 3 DVD's? If so thats one heck of a bargain.

It really is a good price, they could have doubled the price without any problem. Its nice to see that they would rather get it into a lot of hands, than to just make money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have mine in hand and it is a great DVD series.

-However- Wo be to anyone that thinks of such a fine DVD set as anything more than something to augment training already gained, or as a good bit of homework to prepare for a class. I would caution anyone from trying to learn from a DVD because if you get something wrong, go practice that thing extensively, then you have just created what Chris calls training scars. Whether it is firearms, martial arts or learning to fly a plane, there is no substitute for live instruction. The demonstration and constructive criticizm that comes with a live instructor is critical.

That being said, this DVD series is one of the best TRAINING AIDS I have seen. At the asking price it is a steal and if you dont have yours yet, I would get busy if I were you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    It really is a good price, they could have doubled the price without any problem. Its nice to see that they would rather get it into a lot of hands, than to just make money.
    I think a it has to do with helping to more firmly establish Magpul Dynamics as a premier training company in this field and these DVDs are awsome advertising.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i just ordered the DVDs from Brownells. can't wait to watch them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just bought mine with my dealer account. Can't wait to get it! I keep hearing good things about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i liked the DVDs.

watching them didn't magically make me teflon coated and wind-tunnel tested BTDT

but lots of good food for thought. some of the ways they run drills are different from what i'm used to, like the "check" drill. check, ok, ready would confuse me. i'm used to "loading" "load" "up"....but i guess using "check" "ok" doesn't broadcast to the world that you're dry like "loading" "load"

the courses look very solid tho. its a great advertisement for Magpul Dymanics' classes.

like i said, lots to think about. watched them a couple times and still processing it in my little peanut brain. there's a ton of stuff i can work into my own training routine.
    Last edited by parabellum; 31 December 2008 at 23:46.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I would concede that seeing remains an imperfect substitute for actually doing, I was so favorably impressed with the set (especially Disc 2) that I backed the entire thing up and installed it on my iPhone for on-the-go refresher training. :)

Chief

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone know what namebrand and type the belt rig is that Travis has on in the DVD? Its holding a Pmag & pistol mag.

Downloads
    Uploads
    looks like eclipse mag pouches to me.

The next DVD will be awesome, if it'll come out like CC said.

g1rock Guest
    I thought this DVD set was Awesome. It had alot of factual information on it and would recommend it. Even the third disc had a maintenance section that was very informative. Does anyone know what type of compensator was on Chris Costa's AR ?
    Last edited by g1rock; 12 January 2009 at 17:50.