Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe it's KAC, but it's not released yet. I can't remember what it's called.

Downloads
    Uploads
    it's KAC's PDW compensator. It's not beeing released separately as it would be too expensive, due to material and productioncosts. ( if I remember CC correctly.

Does anyone know a shop who stocks the KAC Gasblock Flipup sight?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its the KAC, but costs on the material have made it a no-go for production, or at least for right now according to Trey Knight. Its been brought up that a SS or tool steel variant would be cheaper to produce, and would still be heavy duty.

I'm not sure that KAC is looking to simply mass produce a muzzle device, but it will be interesting to see if it pans out. It certainly appears to be the most effective unit on the market, but at a certain point, the overall cost is going to dictate sales. How many people will line for a muzzle brake that runs two hundred dollars? What about if it was 3 or 4 hundred?

For KAC parts, I would contact KAC directly, they have been selling direct for a little while now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    who cares about the price as long as it looks good and it's been on a DVD ?! j/k.

thanks for the KAC tip.

g1rock Guest
    Thanks for the info. It looked like there was alot of machine work involved and it didn't look cheap.

Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul class

I'll be in the carbine class this March in California, should be fun. Let see how close it gets to the DVD.
    Last edited by tac40; 19 January 2009 at 18:58. Reason: spacing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Its the KAC, but costs on the material have made it a no-go for production, or at least for right now according to Trey Knight. Its been brought up that a SS or tool steel variant would be cheaper to produce, and would still be heavy duty.

I'm not sure that KAC is looking to simply mass produce a muzzle device, but it will be interesting to see if it pans out. It certainly appears to be the most effective unit on the market, but at a certain point, the overall cost is going to dictate sales. How many people will line for a muzzle brake that runs two hundred dollars? What about if it was 3 or 4 hundred?

For KAC parts, I would contact KAC directly, they have been selling direct for a little while now.
    Out of curiousity.. do you know what material it's made from?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    Out of curiousity.. do you know what material it's made from?

Iconel IIRC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I heard there was a trailer showing at SHOT for a new Carbine video. Any idea when this will be released? I'd assumed that the SWAT trailer on disc three was planned for release but that is a big unknown. That would be great too. I'd also like to see them produce/release a training set on secondary weapons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    costa told me they had LEOs , Mil and "industry big names" at the range, and did some sweatdripping stuff. They also re-shot all the drills and added a handfull of new ones. "Art otTC" was their first movie, and with the new one they improved the shots aswell as the drills. well...that's atleast what he said

Downloads
    Uploads
    what kind of bolt assit device where they using in the DVD? I noticed Travis was using a Magpul lower but Costa had a BAD on his KAC lower. who makes it or something just as good.
    Last edited by OUTLAW-ONE; 21 January 2009 at 08:59.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't you just say the 2 systems they were using?

BAD = Bolt Assist Device. The extra attachment to the bolt catch

Magpul Lowers have built in bolt release, but no catch. BAD can do both with the tip of your finger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm talking about the BAD that Costa has on his AR in disc one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's Magpul product that hasn't been released.. There's a few topic specific on the BAD. It's actually's Travis design but Magpul now owns the IP (intellectual product). Magpul is tight lip on when they are going to release it. They are still running tests on them.

No one sells it yet. It's patent pending as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    It's Magpul product that hasn't been released.. There's a few topic specific on the BAD. It's actually's Travis design but Magpul now owns the IP (intellectual product). Magpul is tight lip on when they are going to release it. They are still running tests on them.

No one sells it yet. It's patent pending as well.
    They had a poly version that I saw at SHOT. Flimsy. No doubt this was just there to show what they are thinking about. I would like to see the BAD hit the market soon. No one can fault magpul for making sure their products are ready for DUTY prior to release. It's refreshing and garners confidence. Makes it easy to decide on a particular piece of equipment due to magpuls "anal" quality control.

Keep on doing what you do magpul. Don't ever sacrifice quality for speed. Peoples lives depend on your value system.