Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    Are you planning on running suppressed ?
    Possibly in the future but no for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Please post up some pix as the build progresses.
    Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Pretty sure you are mistaken on DD making a 14.5" 6.8 barrel. I have the 16" version and it is a good shooting barrel. I wish I would have went with the 18" as a good friend has a Bison Armory barrel and sees a few hundred FPS more out of it with handloads than my 16". Also when I ran a LWRC bolt it damaged almost every piece of brass I ran through the gun. The Daniel Defense bolt does not. Not to mention you can get 2 of the DD bolts for less than the LWRC.
    Here it is http://www.tacticalcoordination.com/...Midlength.HTML

I've pretty much decided on running an ARP barrel and bolt after reading up today.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That barrel never made it to production as far as I know. I waited for 3 months and it went from coming soon to discontinued. After seeing the velocity loss between 16" and 18" I am glad I didn't get it. When I contacted ARP the pushed the 20" hard but I have yet to see it in stock. For that matter the only 6.8 they ever have is 14.5".

Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the suggestions GOST. That VG6 break looks sweet!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if FortTom has tried that one out, but I know he likes their product.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CoxeyDiesel View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions GOST. That VG6 break looks sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I don't know if FortTom has tried that one out, but I know he likes their product.
    Yes CD and GOST. I have two of them. The VG6 lives up to the hype as far as performance. I was a bit skeptical at first, with the idea of a hybrid that claims to do 3 things, brake/comp/flash hider, but the brake and comp are excellent, and obviously especially for rapid fire strings, and the flash hider is very good. I can put my dot on target and just watch it set still as I run a string of 10, 20 or 30, as fast as I can pull the trigger, and not jerk the gun myself.

I fully believe it lives up to it's advertised performance, and I don't think anyone can go wrong with the VG6 for a brake/comp.

FT

EDIT: Sorry, I goofed. I have experience with the VG6 Epsilon for 5.56. I just realized this was a post in a 6.8 thread. However I need another 7.62 brake for my .277 WLV, and will probably be buying one from VG6. I have a Lantac Dragon for my AR-10 if I can ever get around to putting it together, so I'll get a side by side comparison of those two also.
    Last edited by FortTom; 6 November 2014 at 19:39.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    There you go, you've got the FT seal of approval.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    The PWS comp is effective but LOUD, just so you know. I have been on the line next to one on a 16" piston gun (5.56) and I was very glad for double hearing pro (foamies and muffs).

Downloads
    Uploads
    6.8's are fun!

ARPerformance Scout barreled with superbolt

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perusing the local facebook gun page and happened across this for $30. May still go with the minimalist but I'm gonna give this a try.