Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Troy Pdw stock question?

Does anyone have any experience with one, I am contemplating a 300 blackout sbr build and would like to use either the Troy PDW stock or the North Eastern arms CCS. I am leaning towards the Troy because of the more locking positions and it includes the entire BCG. It's a little more pricey than the CCS but still within my build budget. I plan on using an 8.2 or 8.5 barrel so it should balance out nicely. Any input on the stocks would be appreciated. Thanks
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads
    The troy stock is very heavy, if thats something you like then go for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If your wanting super short but still want a cheek weld you might want to check out LWRC's ultra compact stock.

https://www.lwrci.com/p-361-uciw-ult...act-stock.aspx
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am basically just trying to get the shortest package I can get away with without sacrificing reliability, plus a blackout gives me a new cartridge to play with especially if I can pair it up with a bolt gun for my kids to hunt with. Thanks GOST I didn't even know that stock was available separately.
    Last edited by cagekicker204; 7 November 2014 at 15:29. Reason: lack of sleep induced bad grammar
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cagekicker204 View Post
    I am basically just trying to get the shortest package I can get away with without sacrificing reliability, plus a blackout gives me a new cartridge to play with especially if I can pair it up with a bolt gun for my kids to hunt with. Thanks GOST I didn't even know that stock was available separately.
    short = $$$

shortest = $$$$$

The PDW setup (from any company) will be very expensive and the added bolt design is always a "what happens when it breaks" type of thing.

There is always the Law Tactical Gen 3 folder - not that I am advertising them, I am just pointing out it exists.

You can always get a SIG SBR/Pistol that runs a piston system and the stock folds because there is no buffer tube.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    short = $$$

shortest = $$$$$

The PDW setup (from any company) will be very expensive and the added bolt design is always a "what happens when it breaks" type of thing.

There is always the Law Tactical Gen 3 folder - not that I am advertising them, I am just pointing out it exists.

You can always get a SIG SBR/Pistol that runs a piston system and the stock folds because there is no buffer tube.
    I wanted to stay with the direct impingement 300 blackout for a couple reasons. 1. I know the system and the parts are pretty much universal with the exception of the bolt carrier buffer and spring. 2. I like the idea of it being instantly deployable by just rotating the selector without unfolding the buffer tube. 3. I am already 2 agonizing months into waiting for a 762-SDN -6 to be approved. And 4. Uncle Sam beat the manual of arms for an M16 into my brain and it stuck there, I love the punch and cheap ammo of my Saiga 7.62x39 but I can not run it nearly as smoothly as any AR variant that you throw at me. Plus I figured if the Troy sucks I can sell it and throw a regular stock or even that little UICW that GOST posted. I know the $$$$$ factor but I'd rather have a couple really nice guns than a dozen cheap ones. It's why I built the last one a little bit at a time hurts alot less than at once, especially when the wife doesn't notice.

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got to see one of the Troy units yesterday. I haven't seen any other PDW setup in person, so I can't really compare them.

It was very solid feeling, but that was because, ss voodoo_man said, it's fairly heavy. There was a small bit of twisting movement, but not as much as I was expecting. I wasn't a fan of the medieval spikes on the butt pad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    I got to see one of the Troy units yesterday. I haven't seen any other PDW setup in person, so I can't really compare them.

It was very solid feeling, but that was because, ss voodoo_man said, it's fairly heavy. There was a small bit of twisting movement, but not as much as I was expecting. I wasn't a fan of the medieval spikes on the butt pad.
    It looked pretty viscous on the butt pad. Thank you I hate blindly buying off the Internet never handling one we don't see to many of the cool stuff in coal country most shops are full of pump action Remington rifles and assorted turkey guns. Thanks

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads

Troy Pdw stock question?

I don't know about the Troy but I love my NEA CCS I have it on a 14.5" 6.8SPC upper and it works flawlessly I am going to put a 1" rubber pad on it to make it a little longer.
    Last edited by Dark1; 9 November 2014 at 10:55.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark1 View Post
    I don't know about the Troy but I love my NEA CCS I have it on a 14.5" 6.8SPC upper and it works flawlessly I am going to put a 1" rubber pad on it to make it a little longer.
    Did it come with the bolt carrier only? It seems the Troy has a complete bolt carrier group but is priced higher just wonder what would be the best bang for the buck. Does it have any sling attachment points?

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads

Here are some photos of it the new one is a little different, yes it dos have a QD swivel mount

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Troy Pdw stock question?

Did it come with the bolt carrier only? It seems the Troy has a complete bolt carrier group but is priced higher just wonder what would be the best bang for the buck. Does it have any sling attachment points?
    It is just the carrier but as I used it for a 6.8 that doesn't matter for me and even 5.56 bolts are cheep now I like having the option of picking my own bolt I run all ARP Supper bolts. Yea it has a QD along mount. And o. The more positions they are useless I have a first generation CCS I got from the first preorder run and it has 5 locking positions and all of them are useless other than all the way out witch is the same length as a Magpull CTR fully collapsed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the pictures they are very helpful, looks like exactly what I am looking for. I was wondering how long it was extended and if it's as long as a collapsed CTR that's perfect for me time to start lower shopping. Thanks Dark1

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the pictures they are very helpful, looks like exactly what I am looking for. I was wondering how long it was extended and if it's as long as a collapsed CTR that's perfect for me time to start lower shopping. Thanks Dark1
    If you want any other photos of different angles or or parts of the stock or comparing it to other standard stocks just let me know