Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Folding knife question

I'm doing a little Christmas shopping, and my sister is wanting a new carry knife. She is small and wants something small and concealable, i.e. thinner profile with a pocket clip. I think shes mainly after something that won't stick out. She has carried larger knives, and is getting to not like them as much. What she does not want is assisted opening. Thats a challenge for me as I had a couple of good ideas until she told me that. I've been looking at Kershaw and SOG knives, just wondering if anyone has any input on a good small, non assisted folding knife with a pocket clip. Under say $100. She didn't specify, but I'm looking 3" and under blade length. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Benchmade mini Griptillian is a great knife. Smaller in size, same axis lock and comes in colors. They are light-weight and "comparatively" thin I'd say. http://www.benchmade.com/products/556

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say a Leek, Chive or Scallion but I think all have the Speed Safe.

I love my Leek. Very slim and Kershaw has EXCELLENT customer service.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Kershaw Emerson CQC series blades. some are just a little over 3" and a couple just under 3" here are some on bladehq. Personally my favorite of the series is the CQC-3K Tanto 2.75"
    Last edited by Computalotapus; 7 November 2014 at 11:20.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    don't like folders personally... they always get loose after awhile... prefer my fixed blades... they do have some nice neck knifes that are about the right size and are thin and fixed
    My only fear is that when I die.... my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have all 3 of those! The leek and scallion were my first 2 ideas... I carry my leek more than anything too

Thanks for the input so far. I will shop some more when I get home. May buy a couple and 'forget' to give them at Xmas haha

I was replying to pyzik's post but it didn't work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spyderco! I don't know how "girly" your sister is but here is one in pink: http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Drago...dp/B00B3ZZG3M/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Benchmade Mini-Griptilian. You can do the custom shop version and use the MIL/LEO discount and a code and get it dirt cheap.

Downloads
    Uploads
    +1 for mini griptillian.

Get it engraved.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like that mini griptillian. I totally forgot about benchmade knives. I personally am not LEO/MIL so I can't use such a discount. I have some friends that are, but that's a sort of privilege I don't take advantage of unless they offer. It just doesn't feel right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want quality and a fantastic knife, go with DPX Gear.

BIG TIME.

I would suggest the HEAT but look on their website. They have numerous models that might also fit the bill.

They are by far among the best of the best. One of their knives won blade of the decade at Blade Show, which is kind of like SHOT Show only knife specific.

Easy under $200 you can get a great knife with a lifetime warranty attached to it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha she isn't too girly, there's a long standing joke amongst my friends that they are 'scared' of my sister. She's 5 foot tall, is always carrying at least a knife and at night tends bar in a pool hall. She also likes shooting guns bigger than her.

But she wouldn't be afraid to use a pink knife.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just scrolled through those DPX knives. They are very nice looking. Little pricey for a Christmas present. But not for a Christmas present to me

Downloads
    Uploads

I am a huge fan of the DPx HEST folder. It is my EDC and I love it.

Would I suggest people go out and buy one if they love blades? Yes. If they don't know anything about knives and just want a knife "that will work" I would not suggest this blade.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

I am a huge fan of the DPx HEST folder. It is my EDC and I love it.

Would I suggest people go out and buy one if they love blades? Yes. If they don't know anything about knives and just want a knife "that will work" I would not suggest this blade.
    I have a bunch of DPX knives...

I EDC with a HEST folder (there are several versions)....but for the good of the OP and asking his question about knives... its important to note that the knife is not tested until you try to sharpen it. Yes you can get a $10 wal mart knife and it might work fine for a bit... but the superior workmanship and metals used in higher end knives are worth it if you ask me. I've never 'kept' a knife until I owned DPX... they ride great, and the metals are higher end so that you can get years of use from it.

If you want a knife that you will keep for years on end... I am still sticking with DPX. If you want one to throw in the boat or tackle box... I would not go with DPX.

As for the price... those MSRP prices are higher somewhat than what you can get em for on the street.

Check out this DPX Heat. It's a smaller version of the HEST in the pic above.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DPX-Gear-DPH...item54122f00da

$150 bucks to the door and you have a small nice knife that is just fantastic. If it's one she will carry around with her and care for.... you can't go wrong.