Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LANTAC E-BCG

Downloads
    Uploads

LANTAC E-BCG

Patent Pending LANTAC E-BCG
    Redesigned gas ported carrier, shrouded primary port, enlarged and forward angled secondary ports.
    The new gas porting results is a much flatter shooting carrier, as gas is bled off differently, it also dumps more of its gas forward and out of the ejection port opening. Due to this feature suppressed short barrel rifles do not seem to suffer from as much pressurization.
    In testing we were able to shoot a 7.5'' 556 rifle with suppressor fitted in full auto and feel no gas to the face. This was with a .0635'' gas port and pistol gas and standard charging handle.
    Unsuppressed and longer barrel rifles benefit from smoother, flatter operation and increased lock time.
    The enlarged boss on the tail assists in receiver bore alignment and aids in bolt lock up position consistency.
    The Carrier is manufactured from 8620, the Bolt from Carpenter 158. The bolt is MPI tested.
    Complete BCG is Nickel Boron coated.
    Gas Key Screws are all milspec and staked properly in 4 places.
    Extractor is fitted with spring insert and 'O' ring.
    BCG's come with a lifetime defect warranty.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I dunno...I'm still in the milspec camp.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely with you on milspec BCGs but I'm interested to see how their forward facing port will work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltFace927 View Post
    Definitely with you on milspec BCGs but I'm interested to see how their forward facing port will work.
    I just wonder if we are chasing the correct dragon, here...

What is the goal?

Mike Pannone proved long ago that with zero lube or maintenance a Milspec bcg will allow allow gun to run 2,000+- rounds.
    Pat Rogers (allowed many others, though with less fanfare called to the process) have proven that a Milspec bcg will run literally it's whole life without cleaning if you just add lube.

So I ask...what is gained? The m4 has a current benchmarked MRBS of 3600 rounds. What are the unintended consequences? How do they affect this benchmark? How many hundreds of thousands of rounds of testing are needed to quantify that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it handles gas that well, it could be an interesting piece for left handed guys shooting suppressed.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's a view in the Lantac UAR.

I'll wait until the two are proven but they look interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    If it handles gas that well, it could be an interesting piece for left handed guys shooting suppressed.
    If it handles gas that we'll what's it trading? Gas=heat and pressure=energy...where is it going? It is being redirected elsewhere, to what effect? Nothing is free.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    If it handles gas that we'll what's it trading? Gas=heat and pressure=energy...where is it going? It is being redirected elsewhere, to what effect? Nothing is free.
    Don't know, you may want to email them.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't know, you may want to email them.
    I'd rather not. Of course they think it's great. Where the rubber meets the road is what I care about, and what they won't provide to my satisfaction. I'll just wait and see what end users have to say, and if it gets enough positive press, I may buy one one day. I'm simply musing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    You make a valid point there about conservation of energy.

Although, now that I saw this thread, I'm very interested since I'm thinking about doing a suppressor build regardless.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Guys.
    The principle is pretty simple really, we shrouded the first gas port so that gas is forced forwards and parallel to the inside of the upper, rather than at 90degrees to the bore as in a standard carrier. Next we enlarged the other two gas holes and changed the porting angle to be narrower vertically and angled further forward also. You can see the results in the attached pic. Its exaggerated by cramming lube into the port holes so that the blast direction becomes more obvious.
    We have tested the BCG with 50Gr, 55Gr, 62Gr, 69Gr and 75Gr ammo from a variety of manufacturers and its been run in a 14.5 and a 7.5 (with and without a suppressor). We could not detect any gas leakage near the shooters face from the 7.5'' suppressed barrel with pistol gas and a .0653'' gas port and SS109 ammo. That was full auto as well as fast semi. Bare faced, no covering.
    The rear of the carrier has an enlarged boss that keeps it running nice and flat and the new porting gives it more of a soft start with less jump. Its slightly heavier than a standard full auto carrier too, so we are seeing a slight improvement in lock time.
    We have had guys running them for a while now with no reported problems and we specifically chose milspec steel materials. It will be available in NiB first with s phosphate version to follow. We also have a Titanium Carrier version available too.
    Cheers
    P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lantac,

This is one of the products I'm waiting for release as well as the Upper. Thanks for chiming in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks.
    We have a new high speed video coming out featuring the e-bcg too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for providing that tid-bit of information Lantac; definitely makes more sense now. Any chance you could share some close-ups of the BCG?