Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: LANTAC E-BCG

Downloads
    Uploads
    What happened to the top of that carrier key. Looks like a beaver was gnawing on it...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I blame M4C for making people lose their minds over staking.
    I don't know that I could be that critical based on a photo that doesn't clearly tell the story, nor work I can hold in my hand. Yes, the other photo shows pretty staking, but based on who you talk to, that is too far the other direction, albeit a harmless one, wasted effort nonetheless.

Seriously, of the people going on and on about staking gas key bolts, maybe two speak from experience and share this opinion. One really has to wonder, with the volumes of people going on about staking, do they also safety wire every attachment per armorer recommendations? You don't see much of that going on and the purpose is a life safety issue. Tired of people standing on that rock when they don't or can't explain why something is done. Dogma is why.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Staking isn't just putting a dent into the gas key as appears to be the case in the pic on the right side, but to push material to the gas key screws to prevent from turning and working loose. That's the point of staking.
    Granted our keys aren't staked as severely as the one you pictured - which I would consider to be far beyond what's required to keep a screw from backing out - they are staked and staked well. In the thousands of carriers we've sold over the years we've never had a customer come to us complaining that their gas key screws have backed out, at least not in the 2 + years i've been with the company. The screws do not required half of the gas key to be pushed into and over the screws to mechanically lock it.

The picture the other guy posted is a bit of an illusion. From the top pic the right hand side doesn't seem to be as severe as the left but from the bottom 3/4 view picture you can see that it is indeed pushing into the key screw.

Here are two randoms I pulled out of inventory. First pic from the left side on the Nitride the right doesn't look to be staked. But from the 2nd pic you can see that it's fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Arron, thanks for the answer and pics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I blame M4C for making people lose their minds over staking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    Yeah, you're definitely nuts... but we've known that for awhile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, you're definitely nuts... but we've known that for awhile.
    The only difference between nuts and eccentric is the level of success... wait... shit... yea, I'm nuts...