Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: LANTAC E-BCG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    On a totally unrelated topic, here...watched that video multiple times, and each time that scope bothers me more and more.

THIS! is why you spend serious money for a serious tool when it comes to optics. That is a 5.56 carbine with a brake and fancy BCG and all that jazz...and YET! Look at that scope/mount flex! Cheap Chicom trash dies for a reason, folks, and you're looking at that reason.
    LANTAC appears to use ADM and Larue mounts in most of their promotional material. Both of which are made in America. The flexing you see in the video is a product of the overhang mount design... not from Chinese manufacturing.

The material used in the mounts allows the overhang to flex under recoil to avoid snapping. This is why you will not see large aperture, long range rifle scopes mounted on overhang style mounts (assuming the person who put together the system knows what they are doing). If you have a large objective and the mount flexes, there is a higher change that the optic will impact the weapon and crack/ break something.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What scope mount are they using?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    The mount in the video appears to be a Vortex branded American Defense Recon 30 mount.

http://www.americandefensemanufactur...iew/product/5/
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    LANTAC appears to use ADM and Larue mounts in most of their promotional material. Both of which are made in America. The flexing you see in the video is a product of the overhang mount design... not from Chinese manufacturing.

The material used in the mounts allows the overhang to flex under recoil to avoid snapping. This is why you will not see large aperture, long range rifle scopes mounted on overhang style mounts (assuming the person who put together the system knows what they are doing). If you have a large objective and the mount flexes, there is a higher change that the optic will impact the weapon and crack/ break something.
    You missed my point/I made my point poorly.

I meant to indicate that this kind of flex kills cheap trash...not that cheap trash was used or cause of this flex.

Is that better? I understand how my above wording didn't quite convey this last.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Vortex Razor HD II is what it looks like to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man I want either one of those Vortex Razors or a Nightforce NXS... Both look pretty sweet

Downloads
    Uploads
    .308 E-BCG coming soon from Lantac!
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone have any real time behind one of these BCGs? All I see are very generic reviews, was looking for real world experience.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have close to 500 rounds on mine and it still looks new. Not any real world use per say, but was done running drills, and has performed flawlessly.

Downloads
    Uploads

sr15?

@lantac - does the smooth dome cam pin work in pretty much all uppers? it seems like on your upper some material has been removed for it to swing in, is that required?

also, why nickel boron over something like NP3? cost? will you have a parkerized one coming out?

would like to switch it out, and put my sr15 bolt in it and run it in my ar15, im just a bit skittish throwing in the money if no ones tried it out. but then, maybe I should be the one to!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by savgbst View Post
    @lantac - does the smooth dome cam pin work in pretty much all uppers? it seems like on your upper some material has been removed for it to swing in, is that required?

also, why nickel boron over something like NP3? cost? will you have a parkerized one coming out?

would like to switch it out, and put my sr15 bolt in it and run it in my ar15, im just a bit skittish throwing in the money if no ones tried it out. but then, maybe I should be the one to!
    It does work with regular uppers. We now carry them on our site!
    Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile e-bcg

@lantac
    and the rest?

I am familiar with Nib, I haven't been real impressed with it, I am inquiring with some industrail finishers about a CVD/PVD coating but there is also NP3...will you hav a pararized on comeing out, or can I get one "unifished" as it were?

To be clear, I think you have a winning product, I just like to tinker. Or, spend my money on surperfluous nonsense that I think is neat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're looking for something different the Lantac E-BCG isn't the regular NiB coating, it's UCT EXO. A which offers a friction coefficent of .02 and surface hardness of 82-85 Rockwell C.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    .308 E-BCG coming soon from Lantac!
    Will a UAR upper be far behind?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!