Downloads
    Uploads

Project Papa Bear

As some of you are aware, I recently won one of the Parallax Tactical MLOK rails from the stickman giveaway. As soon as I got notification of my winning that, I knew what needed to be done.

For 20+ years my father has been supporting all of my costly habits, whether it be fishing, shooting, skiing, motocross, among other less expensive things. He never batted a lash. A man of few worries, he only has one AR, and is happy as a pig in poop just to have a basic, milspec gun that goes bang.

For the past few years he's been talking about buying a scope for his gun, but he just never shoots enough to warrant the cost, so last year my brother and I bought him a Nikon 3-9x scope and mount for Xmas, and he's was thrilled, constantly reminding me "it only took 6 shots to zero" (funny story about him zeroing a scope, but that's for another day)

Fast forward to now. His gun is a Bushmaster HBAR that was bought cash and carry many many years ago. It's scratched up, and used, but he's always been happy just to have a black gun that goes bang. When I got notification of winning the Parallax Tactical rail, I knew right where it was going, and I wasn't thinking about myself.

So I got to thinking, this gun needs a full makeover, and I'm gonna do it. So far I've got him the rail, a low pro gas block and new gas tube, a new CTR stock and trigger guard in FDE. Hopefully by Christmas I'll be able to procure a grip for him (MOE or MIAD) and a MLOK rail section and AFG to put on the front.

It's a work in progress, but it's well worth it for a person who absolutely deserves it!

Here are some rough phone pics to hold everyone over, I'll take good pics this weekend when I assemble what I've got so far.

Shameless plug for Nick Irving and his Reaper33 shirt. Cannot wait for that book in January.

Downloads
    Uploads
    nice keep it up

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I already said this, but, sweet build! Does he have any idea that this is in the works? Or will it be a complete surprise?

Did you pick a comp/brake to put on there yet?

Keep us posted!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    I think I already said this, but, sweet build! Does he have any idea that this is in the works? Or will it be a complete surprise?

Did you pick a comp/brake to put on there yet?

Keep us posted!
    He has no idea whatsoever, and he won't til Christmas. Ski season is about to be upon us, and he's a manager at the local resort, so his work is cut out for him til march. He won't even know the gun is missing when I take it apart and rebuild it.

As for the muzzle device, no. The barrel isn't threaded, and with all the other stuff I have to buy for Christmas, it's just not in the cards for me to thread it, or buy a new barrel just yet. Maybe Father's Day or something.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Way cool project to use your winnings on. Looking forward to seeing the final result

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good on you for helping out the old man ride...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I finally assembled the upper... And I made a boo boo on the lower. Should've checked it, but I didn't. Bought a MIL spec stock, it needs a commercial one. So now I need to exchange this stock, buy a milspec extension, or modify this stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Well, I finally assembled the upper... And I made a boo boo on the lower. Should've checked it, but I didn't. Bought a MIL spec stock, it needs a commercial one. So now I need to exchange this stock, buy a milspec extension, or modify this stock.

That looks just fine with out a muzzle device. Looking forward to following this one.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I have a black CTR commercial, but then again, you wanted FDE...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Haha.

Kyle the build looks good man. Your dad is gonna like it a lot
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Well...I could make it all black. I have an extra black trigger guard. Im not sure if primary arms will do an exchange if I have to. I'll have to call them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, looks great! Your dad's gonna love it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys. I just need to figure out what I'm gonna do with the stock now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks really good, your dad is gonna be psyched!