Downloads
    Uploads

Keymod Rubber Plugs

Never heard of the company before. Stumbled on them last night looking at keymod covers while installing my NSR covers (what a PITA).

Not sure how I feel about them. Would they even be useful? maybe add some grip with gloves? Trap too much heat?

http://www.guntecusa.com/index.php?r...product_id=635
    Last edited by Pyzik; 14 November 2014 at 12:57.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cool find, look like they may work. Now I just need a keymod handguard.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Never heard of the company before. Stumbled on them last night looking at keymod covers while installing my NSR covers (what a PITA).

Not sure how I feel about them. Would they even be useful? maybe add some grip with gloves? Trap too much heat?

http://www.guntecusa.com/index.php?r...product_id=635
    I use the Noveske covers. Yes they are a PITA to install, but they also allow my to slide my hand up and down the rail, for quick adjustments for various shooting positions. The potential problem that I see with these is that when you plant your hand, and need to make a quick adjustment, these would create a lot of friction on your glove, making it difficult for quick movement of the hand on the rail.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    These remind me of the squid grips that Troy made for their rails

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went to their website to see what they had to say about them. Not much at all except they're made out of neoprene. So I guess it's anyone's guess as to how well they would function. They don't look like the optimum choice for me, but I'd interested in what folks who actually try them think of them.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW I have the Troy squid grips and haven't tested them during a course yet but with dry fire they don't seem very sturdy. I could foresee them coming off during heavy use, especially if a barricade is involved.