Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone here do pig eradication?

A marine buddy of mine is getting ahold of one of his buddies that does this and it pays damn good. He invited us up no charge to go, he gets to keep anything he kills after already getting paid and usually processes and sells all the extra he doesn't need. when we go he is supplying the guns, silencers and ammo all we have to cover is gas to get there (Georgia) and lodging for how long we are staying and we keep what we kill. If you have a nuance animal in your area, you may want to check into doing the same if it pays well enough.
    My only fear is that when I die.... my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like get some bacon, but I currently don't have a hog issue here on the farm. We do have a lot of deer but I don't eat venison.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    What area of GA?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Our county had a bounty here in Texas last year. Biggest hog officially weighed in gets an award and like a $1000 prize.

In Texas there is no 'hunting season' for them. 24/7 day or night summer or winter you can kill them. Suppressors, night vision, whatever you got it's all legal. I even saw one video of a guy taking out a herd of them with a mini-gun. They also hunt them suckers from the air using helicopters. All 100% legal. Oh and no limit and no tags or license needed.

The real trick here is finding a place big enough to fly over for aerial hunting or hunting period. Check out youtube.... there are tons of videos of all of the above.

Unless you own a big enough plot of property, most people pay the land owner to have the space (like a deer lease) but not the other way around... or the land owners let you come on for free...and you can bag as many as you want.

The only people I know of in Texas making money off of pig hunting is the aerial hunters and they generally get rich(er) people from where ever, or whoever can afford a long helicopter flight... and they put them up and fly out to make bacon. But just your regular on the ground bacon hunting...people do it all the time. The only rule really is we have a certain distance from any road that you have to shoot from, and you have to shoot AWAY from any road, not across it. Any time, any season, any where... it's a felony if you break that law.

A lot of people trap them too. For a 100 bucks you can make a really good pig trap and catch em by the dozens.

As for me, a friend of mine (a ranch manager at the time) invited me over and we did a pig hunt. We got about 25 of them in a day. With one pistol each. That's just the problem here... you have so many people wanting to shoot em, they volunteer to do it for free. If you get the invite, go!
    Last edited by alamo5000; 14 November 2014 at 06:28.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    We do have a lot of deer but I don't eat venison.
    I had to read that twice and do a double take just to make sure I read that correctly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Venison is leaner than I like.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh it all depends on how you cook it.

You can always wrap it in bacon and cook it like a filet mignon (backstrap), or slice the backstrap up and batter and fry it (mmm)....there are several ways to make it. (side note: I LOVE cooking, if you gotta eat might as well do it right).

You can also make all kinds of sausages (mmm!!!!) and now I'm starting to sound like that guy from Forest Gump. The shrimp boat captain.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far the only venison I've had that I liked was jerky, but I'm definitely no chef.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ddearmon2010 View Post
    A marine buddy of mine is getting ahold of one of his buddies that does this and it pays damn good. He invited us up no charge to go, he gets to keep anything he kills after already getting paid and usually processes and sells all the extra he doesn't need. when we go he is supplying the guns, silencers and ammo all we have to cover is gas to get there (Georgia) and lodging for how long we are staying and we keep what we kill. If you have a nuance animal in your area, you may want to check into doing the same if it pays well enough.
    is it was not for my injury i be all up that MOFO

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish that were something we could do here. But no pigs. Just the fat ones that squeal we raise to butcher. I do get to pop the occasional coyote.

Side note... I love venison, I prep and cook it many different ways.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    What area of GA?
    I'm not sure think it's northern GA though.
    My only fear is that when I die.... my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far the only venison I've had that I liked was jerky, but I'm definitely no chef.
    where you live I'll trade a pig for deer... love venison

Downloads
    Uploads
    What what?! You're crazy...

Best burgers of your life: pound of venison burger, pound of 80/20 ground beef. Mix with some lee perrins worchestershire sauce, a packet of onion soup mix, some diced onion and bacon chunks... hand made patties ftw.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It all depends on who's cooking it and what kind of recipe your using. I'll admit it can have a more gamey taste then say beef when served on its own. We make a lot of soups, chillies etc...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    It all depends on who's cooking it and what kind of recipe your using. I'll admit it can have a more gamey taste then say beef when served on its own. We make a lot of soups, chillies etc...
    wrapped in bacon and grilled