Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Shooting SBR's other than the AR platform

I'm looking to build a new SBR but in something other than the AR platform. This will mainly be a range toy, so I'm looking at possibly a MP5 clone or possibly even a Glock Carbine.

After looking at some various Glock Carbine Kits, they all seem like crap. Anyone have any experience with them?

As far as building a MP5, I've been over at HKPro many times over the years and of course there are a plethora of options. I know Stick has been in the process of doing one. Anyone have a MP5?

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Would love an mp5, would also like a p90. Subscribing to this one, can't wait to see where it goes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Would love an mp5, would also like a p90. Subscribing to this one, can't wait to see where it goes.
    I think my problem with an MP5 would be. I'd need a:

A5 type, with Surefire Handguards, Navy Trigger Group, ect

M5K or PDW type

So many options, and it looks like it will be at least $1500 minimum to put one together.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've played around with sp89's that have been sbr'd and they are a lot of fun. I personally am waiting for the Sig MPX though, the cost is going to be significantly less.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    I've played around with sp89's that have been sbr'd and they are a lot of fun. I personally am waiting for the Sig MPX though, the cost is going to be significantly less.
    The MPx is also on my wishlist, but I think I'm going to wait till the initial excitement dies down. I'm sure the demand will outstrip supply quickly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always wanted an AK74U. Is wish AAC would have put the Honey Badger into production.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to build an MP5 but I think the cost will prevent me from doing that for quite a long time. I think an SBR that would be fun is a lever action .38/357 suppressed. I have the suppressor, I just need the rifle and the second stamp

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd vote for a Ruger 10/22 - throw on a short barrel and suppress it. Of course a short barreled 22 upper on an sbr AR lower would fit that bill too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a Marlin 1894 in .44 that I'm going to SBR. Get it threaded for a suppressor as well and run subsonic hand loads through it. For a Glock carbine I'm working on a QC10 lower.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a UMP 40 on the list.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The MPx is also on my wishlist, but I think I'm going to wait till the initial excitement dies down. I'm sure the demand will outstrip supply quickly.
    Yes im afraid you are 100% correct on that. I want one pretty bad as I think that would be the perfect truck gun. I'd love an SP89, but I could buy a couple MPX's for just one of those.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds fun. I'd like to build an AK type shorty or a P90. The Glock kits are all junk, and I wouldn't bother with a pistol caliber anyway.

On the other hand a rimfire shorty is always fun, how about a Sig 522 Commando? Throw a 22Sparrow on there and you'll be smiling all day at the range.

Or go with a full-size Sig 556 SBR. I know it's not a "build" but they look awesome and shoot great.

You can do a lot with the 10/22 action too. Troy makes a nice 10/22 chassis. Throw a steel-lined carbon barrel in there and a Volquartsen trigger group and you'd have one hell of a fun gun that you could shoot all day for peanuts.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been looking a lot lately at the AK style pistols an Arsenal SLR 106 or a SAM 7K would make an awesome little SBR. At first glance this appears to be a pretty straight forward conversion but i believe the barrel extends out to the end of the booster but a little clever cutting and you could remove it, thread the exposed portion of the barrel, and add the muzzle device of your choice. I am sure one of the caps that Arsenel ships with their Krink style rifles is floating around or you could fashion the fake booster into a cap to cover the threads on the gas block. Here"s the version i have been drooling over .http://www.k-var.com/shop/SAM7K-03.html
    Last edited by cagekicker204; 15 November 2014 at 17:14. Reason: Added Link
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want a hole to throw money into, an SBR G36 would be interesting to research and build.

I've been kicking an AK SBR build in my head for a while now but other things keep distracting me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    Yes im afraid you are 100% correct on that. I want one pretty bad as I think that would be the perfect truck gun. I'd love an SP89, but I could buy a couple MPX's for just one of those.
    My trunk gun. Also a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Sounds fun. I'd like to build an AK type shorty or a P90. !

My buddy just did an AK pistol with the sig brace. It is STUPID loud even with double hearing protection. It's definitely a fire breathing dragon too. I like it but i don't think it's for me. The concussion hits you in your chest with every shot.