Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    UPS takes forever to send ammo trust me i know
    I've had ammo through UPS with no problem. Must be because I live in Idaho. Got 120 rounds of steel cored armor piercing stuff a year ago. My .32 S&W ammo and a few boxes of .45 ammo all showed up no problem.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jymbeux View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about the ammo. It comes through the mail all the time, nobody would know unless the package broke open. They shouldn't be mailing it via usps and it would be a good idea to let them know that they could get an earful from a postal inspector. As far as the tracking information goes - usps tracking shows the last scan and not where the package is currently headed/eta to next facility etc. It's especially frustrating for standard mail going to Alaska via boat as it may appear as though the package hasn't moved for days, even though the package never stops moving.

I've been with the usps for 12 years - they aren't perfect but generally provide a good service at a reasonable price. Also if you reload, order bullets in bulk. They can be loaded up to 75lbs in a flat rate box for pretty cheap shipping.
    I know. It's also quite likely to get here. A guy who retired from the post office a couple years ago sent me a bandoleer of .303 ammo when I bought my Lee Enfield. He sent it through USPS even though he very well know that he wasn't supposed to. I'm just a bit worried that the company who sent it could get in trouble and I wouldn't want to see that happen.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Mailing hazmat through USPS is a big no-go. You typically get what you pay for.
    Yep, it is a big no-no. I think someone in the shipping dept. screwed up. That's why I think I should let the company know about it when it gets here. That way they can prevent that mistake from happening again and keep themselves out of trouble.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you can cancel your order and buy the ammo locally you've got an LPK on the way

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just so you all know, it did arrive USPS last Monday. So, I have most of the lower parts now plus, that small box of ammo was in there. Sure wish they hadn't sent it USPS though. That was a big no no.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshAston View Post
    If you can cancel your order and buy the ammo locally you've got an LPK on the way
    I couldn't Josh, it was already sent and in USPS. It did get here though. If I have an extra LPK, not a problem, I have some parts I'm putting together for Rob down in Virginia who's struggling to afford to build his first one. I'll pay an entire LPK forward to him. I know he needs it. He has a ACT trigger that he won with his 4th prize from Gunstruction. I've been helping to guide him through the build process with real time chatting with him. Rob and I are friends on Facebook. He just got his upper and lower receiver set. Now he's saving for his barrel. He's going to build with a 16" .300 blackout barrel. I have parts that guys sent me as extras. I was told to sell them to help me or help pay it forward - whatever I needed.. I'm paying it forward.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to have a few extra parts in my box, someone is going to ask a question "Do any of you have one of these?" and I'm going to say "yep I do. Just PM me your address and it's yours".

That's what you guys have done for me. This pistol I am working on will be as much WEVO's pistol as mine. I sure do hope some guys manage to wander around to Idaho some day. My wife and I will share our home with you. I can actually provide an extra deer tag next year too for nothing if someone wants to come visit for hunting. I get two next year and one of them only costs me around $12.50 including the extra hunting license.