Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, my big test day was a flop. It's a long story, but let's just say I never made it to the range. I'll get there eventually but in the meantime...

Earlier, I mentioned that three of the remaining rounds of Fiocchi ammo that I have wouldn't drop into the Sheridan gauge. In each instance, they stuck out at least the thickness of the case head. They couldn't be pushed down into the gauge either. If I attemp to chamber a round like this, wouldn't it keep the bolt lugs from locking? In that case, what would happen when I pulled the trigger? Would I get a "light click" as opposed to the normal sound when the hammer drops? I definitely remember the click on my rounds that didn't fire being noticeably lighter than normal.
    "Never forget those who have died; Never forget who killed them."
    -Unknown

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update---Well, I finally made it back out to the range to see if the changes I made took care of the two issues. I put 70 rounds through it without a single malfunction and the bolt locked back every time. I used both Lancer mags and Gen 2 Pmags along with 147gr and 150gr FMJ ammo. The changes I made were removal of the Tactical Link battery assist device and the addition of a new PSA BCG. I also removed, smoothed and lubricated the bolt catch, hand cycled the new BCG at least 200 times and lubricated it very well. I took an H buffer with me just in case although I didn't think I'd need it and I didn't.

Thanks to everyone for your input. I got a lot of good ideas from your posts.
    "Never forget those who have died; Never forget who killed them."
    -Unknown