Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
I agree but it still is doing the same thing. Yes it does the same thing with less material and it does give you more options vs a quad but they still do the same thing. Don't get me wrong I personally don't like a quad. I like my keymod a lot. But my accessory needs are minimal and I can setup a keymod, quad, or m-lok rail all the same. They all serve the same purpose, you can't say that one holds a weapon light to your rifle better than the other.

Designs have changed and the systems have changed. But the purpose is still the same. The consumers want options, because we all want to have a choice and the market has given us options.
You can't set-up your quad with less rail and shed weight if you don't need it. You can't mount anything on a 45 degree angle unless you have a special mount. You guys want to have tunnel vision and focus on the end purpose but don't want to argue the merits of the system that gets you to the purpose which is the function. If it creates a function that allows me to achieve the same purpose with less weight, less mass, and more options ie 45 degree angles then the purpose has been achieved but it's been done so through a more efficient function.

Here... I'll simplify your guys argument... An old truck can get you from point A to point B reliably. Won't necessarily be the quickest or the most fuel efficient, but it gets the job done. A new truck can do everything the old truck can do but with less weight for more fuel efficiency and greater comfort. You want choose the old truck because it gets the job done the same and claim the new truck does the same thing the old truck does based upon just getting from point A to point B and not on how it gets you there or if it's the most efficient.