Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I agree but it still is doing the same thing. Yes it does the same thing with less material and it does give you more options vs a quad but they still do the same thing. Don't get me wrong I personally don't like a quad. I like my keymod a lot. But my accessory needs are minimal and I can setup a keymod, quad, or m-lok rail all the same. They all serve the same purpose, you can't say that one holds a weapon light to your rifle better than the other.

Designs have changed and the systems have changed. But the purpose is still the same. The consumers want options, because we all want to have a choice and the market has given us options.
    You can't set-up your quad with less rail and shed weight if you don't need it. You can't mount anything on a 45 degree angle unless you have a special mount. You guys want to have tunnel vision and focus on the end purpose but don't want to argue the merits of the system that gets you to the purpose which is the function. If it creates a function that allows me to achieve the same purpose with less weight, less mass, and more options ie 45 degree angles then the purpose has been achieved but it's been done so through a more efficient function.

Here... I'll simplify your guys argument... An old truck can get you from point A to point B reliably. Won't necessarily be the quickest or the most fuel efficient, but it gets the job done. A new truck can do everything the old truck can do but with less weight for more fuel efficiency and greater comfort. You want choose the old truck because it gets the job done the same and claim the new truck does the same thing the old truck does based upon just getting from point A to point B and not on how it gets you there or if it's the most efficient.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    You can't set-up your quad with less rail and shed weight if you don't need it. You can't mount anything on a 45 degree angle unless you have a special mount. You guys want to have tunnel vision and focus on the end purpose but don't want to argue the merits of the system that gets you to the purpose which is the function. If it creates a function that allows me to achieve the same purpose with less weight, less mass, and more options ie 45 degree angles then the purpose has been achieved but it's been done so through a more efficient function.

Here... I'll simplify your guys argument... An old truck can get you from point A to point B reliably. Won't necessarily be the quickest or the most fuel efficient, but it gets the job done. A new truck can do everything the old truck can do but with less weight for more fuel efficiency and greater comfort. You want choose the old truck because it gets the job done the same and claim the new truck does the same thing the old truck does based upon just getting from point A to point B and not on how it gets you there or if it's the most efficient.
    You drive your new truck and I will drive my old tdi and I will go further on less. But hey man if 45 degree mounting is more efficient to you good for you. If I had a quality quad and it performs all the functions that any keymod/m-lok does I am not dropping the money to save 3oz of weight or the money to convert everything over to support m-lok/keymod (because attaching a picatinny section to a keymod/m-lok is just another failure point). I am pretty sure you will find something to argue about in this post so I am bowing out.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    You drive your new truck and I will drive my old tdi and I will go further on less. But hey man if 45 degree mounting is more efficient to you good for you. If I had a quality quad and it performs all the functions that any keymod/m-lok does I am not dropping the money to save 3oz of weight or the money to convert everything over to support m-lok/keymod (because attaching a picatinny section to a keymod/m-lok is just another failure point). I am pretty sure you will find something to argue about in this post so I am bowing out.
    You go further on less with a heavier truck that has less fuel efficiency? I like how you rather than bringing actual valid counter points instead stick to the same argument because you refuse to even validate the reasoning. You shed a lot more than 3oz. BTW... you and your friend Rob are the ones who showed up on my thread which was asking for handguard lengths only to chime in with your opinions about whether or not these systems were even needed or useful, so ask me if I care whether or not you "bow out" from something that you started and now don't like how it's going...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guess we don't need red dots anymore because iron sights do the same thing and have the same purpose and don't require batteries. Scopes? Why? I mean after all guys can hit the 10 ring at 1K yards with just irons so it's not really necessary since the purpose is the same.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Rob... this thread was intended to inform people about the actual OAL on handguards, not for you to show up with zero contribution other than to relay your opinion on how none of it matters. Do you have a confirmed handguard length that you'd like to contribute? If not please feel free to start another thread where you tell everyone how the DD M4 is all that they need and then we can argue it out there where it would be more suited.
    Guess we don't need red dots anymore because iron sights do the same thing and have the same purpose and don't require batteries. Scopes? Why? I mean after all guys can hit the 10 ring at 1K yards with just irons so it's not really necessary since the purpose is the same.
    Something about your delivery.... what's the word I'm looking for...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Something about your delivery.... what's the word I'm looking for...
    PM sent...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got the .308 build I did for my buddy in my possession for a few days to play with.

The Midwest Industries MI-308SS15-DH is exactly 15" in length. This is the MI DPMS .308/7.62 NATO SS-Series One Piece Free Float Handguard, .210 Upper Tang.