Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    We've already gone through that and he said he didn't want to cover up 'any' of the can...I personally think it would be fine... the 9" version that is, but you would have to get your fingers inside the rail a little bit to take the can off or put it on. I don't know, maybe it might be a tight fit... who knows... options are definitely limited.
    Dude trust me there's no way to just reach in and turn it on/off if you cover up the entire QD area. If I thought it was remotely possible I would definitely do a 9".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    We've already gone through that and he said he didn't want to cover up 'any' of the can...I personally think it would be fine... the 9" version that is, but you would have to get your fingers inside the rail a little bit to take the can off or put it on. I don't know, maybe it might be a tight fit... who knows... options are definitely limited.
    Oh alamo... let the guys who actually own the stuff think outloud for a minute.

I own several MCSR's and you can have the can partially covered and still manipulate the levers, depending of course on how much is covered.

I don't have a 7" Ord, but you're right anything longer would be too long. I think I have a 9 and a 10.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Oh alamo... let the guys who actually own the stuff think outloud for a minute.

I own several MCSR's and you can have the can partially covered and still manipulate the levers, depending of course on how much is covered.

I don't have a 7" Ord, but you're right anything longer would be too long. I think I have a 9 and a 10.
    I just went down and tried to see if I could manipulate it on and off with just the release area using my finger tips and pretending like I had grip muscles stronger than a 3rd grader... I can do it. I also measure the diameter with the release button again and I was wrong it's 1.6325", so I can look at 8" options as long as it's ≤8" and has an ID >1.65"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok,

So I measured some other 7" Rails:

Centurion Arms C4 7.0 = 7.25"
    Fortis REV 7 = 7.25"
    Aero Precision M4E1 7 = 7.25"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok,

So I measured some other 7" Rails:

Centurion Arms C4 7.0 = 7.25"
    Fortis REV 7 = 7.25"
    Aero Precision M4E1 7 = 7.25"
    I'm seeing a trend here...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    I'm seeing a trend here...
    I'm no stats expert...

I would imagine all 7" Rails are basically 7.25" or less to fit behind a FSB.

The only 8" Rail I can think of is the URX 3.1, but the ID would be too small for the suppressor. Looks like on this one, 7.25" is the longest you'll find that I can think of.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm no stats expert...

I would imagine all 7" Rails are basically 7.25" or less to fit behind a FSB.

The only 8" Rail I can think of is the URX 3.1, but the ID would be too small for the suppressor. Looks like on this one, 7.25" is the longest you'll find that I can think of.
    I'm laughing right now because someone has the Fortis REV as 7.3" in their system and when I asked them to measure it they said they did, lol. SLR does an 8" but it's ID is 1.3" also. I think I'm going to either have to settle on being the Guinea Pig for a Phase 5 Slope Nose or cut down something else and give me an excuse to pull out some spray cans lol...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd cut down a FORCE rail, because it's cheaper than some of the other options.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd cut down a FORCE rail, because it's cheaper than some of the other options.
    I was thinking a used DD MFR might be an option as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    I'm laughing right now because someone has the Fortis REV as 7.3" in their system and when I asked them to measure it they said they did, lol. SLR does an 8" but it's ID is 1.3" also. I think I'm going to either have to settle on being the Guinea Pig for a Phase 5 Slope Nose or cut down something else and give me an excuse to pull out some spray cans lol...
    For the money, I'd get the MI handguard I have on my pistol instead of the Phase 5. 5 built in QD sockets, full top rail, and rail sections you can add and put where you want them instead of a full quad rail. Then again, I am a fan of Midwest Industries.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The SLR Rifleworks 12" M-Lok Solo Lite is 12-3/16" overall.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    The SLR Rifleworks 12" M-Lok Solo Lite is 12-3/16" overall.
    Thank you sir!

For everyone else please feel free to post up other handguards as well. I think this will be a useful tool as we start dealing with more and more barrel lengths that are out of the norm as companies do R&D and tweak them for performance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    MI SSK 10 is actually 10.5"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    MI SSK 10 is actually 10.5"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It says right on their website that it is 10.5" in length. Your measurement seems to confirm that what they state on their site is exactly what you get.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    It says right on their website that it is 10.5" in length. Your measurement seems to confirm that what they state on their site is exactly what you get.
    Midwest is one of the better ones about being exact. It's still nice to have a confirmation though.