Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uh oh :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry missed you early Jim. They are "blems" of you consider them blems. I have yet to find one... I have those 203gr and haven't had much luck I'll sell you what I have left lol

And to those curios I got them from shooters pro shop they have a sale going on now so 15% off everything with a flat $12 shipping. I got 300 190gr Nosler CC and 50 200gr partition for $75 shipped

Downloads
    Uploads
    SPS runs good deals on blems when they get them... who I use too.

Strangely enough, I was having all sorts of issues with the 203g cast ones (I think we talked about this in another thread?) and I actually just got them working. I was flaring the case too much, and I wasn't doing much to begin with. But... less is more, and sam with the crimp. Really no crimp at ALL, just putting the caseflaring back to normal. That, and a buddy who has shot cast for years in cowboy action shooting told me to chamfer the inside of the case mouth after I flared it - between that and the lesser flare, I have been having great luck with them. At 10¢ a projectile, I'll give them a chance. But, I'm loading up 300 today and going to shoot them all unsuppressed and check for any leading. I see any, and I'm done with them. I'm hoping guys like xtreme bullets will come up with a heavy plated sub bullet for 308. I bought 200 of the 220g ones from blackoutbullets to try, but they are still 27¢ a hit.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    When your ready to buy mine let me know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    When your ready to buy mine let me know.
    LOL we'll see when I'm at the end of mine. I see any leading signs, I'm done with them. I'll pay a little more for plated/jacketed to keep it clean(er) in the suppressor.
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    LOL we'll see when I'm at the end of mine. I see any leading signs, I'm done with them. I'll pay a little more for plated/jacketed to keep it clean(er) in the suppressor.
    I gotcha! What's your load?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    That's probably what I'll do also Calico Jack. Considering the length of the suppressor I'll go short on the barrel - maybe as short as 8". Have to get a tax stamp for the SBR and another for the suppressor. Definitely going to set up a trust for this plan but it's down the road aways.
    I just got a calico jack with the Parley, Plunder and ARRR markings, definitely my fav lower for looks. Seekins for function.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After I set up a trust I'm most definitely going to find myself a Thompson .45 too
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I gotcha! What's your load?
    I found that running 10.6g of A1680 got me at the bottom end up acceptable - 935fps avg, but not 100% reliable BHO unsuppressed. 11.6 was approaching too fast @ 1095fps avg, and I settled on 11.0g A1680 with an avg of 995fps. All looked pretty equal on accuracy, although I really did not test for accuracy. All my shooting was unmagnified red dot @ 25 yards. COAL is 1.98

Hopefully I see no leading issues, as it would be fun to have a cheap plinker to screw around with. We'll see after 300 rounds this week.
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    I found that running 10.6g of A1680 got me at the bottom end up acceptable - 935fps avg, but not 100% reliable BHO unsuppressed. 11.6 was approaching too fast @ 1095fps avg, and I settled on 11.0g A1680 with an avg of 995fps. All looked pretty equal on accuracy, although I really did not test for accuracy. All my shooting was unmagnified red dot @ 25 yards. COAL is 1.98

Hopefully I see no leading issues, as it would be fun to have a cheap plinker to screw around with. We'll see after 300 rounds this week.
    Thanks! Keep me updated. With how it works out. I have 1680
    But that's usually for my WLV. I've been using Lil Gun with my 300blk loads.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also going to try them with A5744... for some reason, I was finding this all summer long - I managed to collect 8 pounds of it. Seems no one knows what it is or for. I've done my 208Amax loads with it and have had great luck. For my super loads I've been running H110 and M80 pulls for plinking. I haven't farted around with the Barnes 110g blacktips I got as blemishes... going to see how they do for a possible Caribou hunt next fall. Otherwise I'll get something from Lehigh Defense for the hunt as their 194g sub expanding rounds are excellent (and SPENDY!)
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a notification from Rainier last night about the Noveske upper receiver I wanted. Now I just need to get my hands on a NSR 7 and I will be in business!