Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

So you didn't win it... what did you buy?

Thought I'd start this... thread regarding the giveaway, sponsors, items and NOT winning something. Now, I did win a CMT upper, which takes me out of other items I was hoping to win... so to date, I've bought 2 items. 1) Parallax rail and 2) OEM Weapon Supply rail.

Cool thing is, before the giveaway I'd never heard of OEM (and a lot of other sponsors). I really liked their rail with the stars, and I ended up buying the 9.31" one star textured rail to (possibly) pair with the upper I won to make a new 5.56 upper for my SBR. Either that, or I'll do a .458Socom upper with the CMT upper. Either way, I'm using the OEM rail for the SBR and a 10½" 5.56 upper.

Also eying the King's Arsenal seat covers... I wanted those most of all!! May just buy those too...

So... what sponsors had you not heard of, and what have you bought from them?
    (or have I been 'couch-gating' with too much beer today...?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've posted this pic before, but after handling the winner's Troy Polymer VFG, I went out and purchased one myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It was a win-win for me. I found the folks at MDWS (Mad Dog Weapons Systems) who donated to the SM 100K. They were giving away a .277 WLV (Wolverine) barrel. I knew the odds of me winning were approximately zero, so I went to their website, and the owner, Mark, gave me a hell of a deal on a new 18" SS in .277 WLV. Then the forum introduced Aero Precision as a new vendor, and I got another hell of a deal on a slick side upper, which is perfect, because this will be a dedicated varmint gun, so no need for F/A. All I needed was an upper. Logged in one night and found my name was drawn by Stickman for a rail, and a damned nice one at that. UWone77 sent me a new parallax 15" keymod. All of this happened within a couple of days. Couldn't be luckier or happier.

P.S. Plus GOST made me the most badass avatar on WEVO. I'm surprised UWone77 or Stickman hasn't made me give it back and give it to them.

FT

EDIT: OOPS!! Forgot the what did I buy part. Bought a new Fail Zero NiB BCG.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I won but I ended up buying a SRS02. Why I'm really not sure.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    You and I think alike Swissy! I want those kings arsenal seat covers. My biggest problem with seat covers is they never got properly, being custom made they should fit snugly, and my truck needs black seats.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't bought them yet, But plan on picking up the Arson light mount and a CMC trigger. Also, I am Kicking extra business back to AERO by having them up grade the upper receiver I won and adding a rail to it. Sadly it's going to be a while before I can start building up the .308 set for my dad. My bank account still needs to recover form the last build.
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    You and I think alike Swissy! I want those kings arsenal seat covers. My biggest problem with seat covers is they never got properly, being custom made they should fit snugly, and my truck needs black seats.
    I've got an older truck, and between the wear and other use I could use a new covering. Plus come spring my truck becomes a pit of cigar paraphernalia, fishing gear, shooting stuff and more. Having a better storage system would kick some serious arse. Not to mention they just look badass. Altho they'll take a backseat to some other purchases...
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    I've got an older truck, and between the wear and other use I could use a new covering. Plus come spring my truck becomes a pit of cigar paraphernalia, fishing gear, shooting stuff and more. Having a better storage system would kick some serious arse. Not to mention they just look badass. Altho they'll take a backseat to some other purchases...
    That's not a reason to recover your seats. Man, that's history and memories..
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by camomike View Post
    Haven't bought them yet, But plan on picking up the Arson light mount and a CMC trigger. Also, I am Kicking extra business back to AERO by having them up grade the upper receiver I won and adding a rail to it. Sadly it's going to be a while before I can start building up the .308 set for my dad. My bank account still needs to recover form the last build.
    First world problems Mike... This will be a good project to follow over the next year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    That's not a reason to recover your seats. Man, that's history and memories..
    Some memories I'd rather pass on... like the one where my dog was in heat and I didn't know about it? I tell people the stain is fish blood, but then they ask me why in the hell was I cleaning fish on my seat...?
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of the companies who donated I have already purchased from. I have my eye one a few things but no major plans are in the works despite me having a lower in my safe sitting all alone.... (Hint hint)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I won an CMT UPR4 and wound up with this:

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...%29&highlight=

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I didn't win anything. But then again I only entered the Veteran's Day giveaway. I am not in the big giveaway due to my own choice to not be on facebook. And I have not bought anything either. But my smoking hot wife ordered my a blem Aero lower when they came available on their site for a very short time on Friday. FortTom is mailing me a Foliage Green Magpul MOE+ (rubberized) grip. My oldest kid bought me a Foliage Green MagPul MOE Fixed Carbine Stock today. Maybe on the 6th I will justify the rest of the parts for the lower as a bday present to myself. After that the upper will have to wait till after January for the AR-47 Build.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ordered myself an upper and lower (blems) from Black Forge this past week and should be arriving in the next couple of days. Can't wait to get this build off the ground. hopefully will have some parts kits ordered by Dec. and putting some pieces together

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't won anything nor am I expecting to. The nicest part is, I've come across a bunch of different vendors that I'd never heard of prior to joining here. I learned that Parallax Tactical was having a blem sale and managed to snag a REALLY NICE 15" keymd rail for about half price! For $114 it was shipped to my office and I had a really hard time finding the blems. Since this is probably going to turn into a lightweight patrol carbine, the SLIGHT blems don't matter anyway. Soon as I get it atttached I'll post pix. Still looking at purchases from other donors, but really trying to catch stuff on sale to help with cost. Really glad to have found this place!

Later!

simi