Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Well I didn't win anything. But then again I only entered the Veteran's Day giveaway. I am not in the big giveaway due to my own choice to not be on facebook. And I have not bought anything either. But my smoking hot wife ordered my a blem Aero lower when they came available on their site for a very short time on Friday. FortTom is mailing me a Foliage Green Magpul MOE+ (rubberized) grip. My oldest kid bought me a Foliage Green MagPul MOE Fixed Carbine Stock today. Maybe on the 6th I will justify the rest of the parts for the lower as a bday present to myself. After that the upper will have to wait till after January for the AR-47 Build.
    Thinking I'm going to try and go the same route on the .308. Thinking my dad will like the fol/fde combo. Planing on krypteking the fde with Fol duracoat. Hopefully he'll like the plan when I lay it out after Christmas.
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by camomike View Post
    Thinking I'm going to try and go the same route on the .308. Thinking my dad will like the fol/fde combo. Planing on krypteking the fde with Fol duracoat. Hopefully he'll like the plan when I lay it out after Christmas.
    I am chomping at the bit to get a .308 build done. Did you see Slippers is selling a .308 receiver set in the WEVO Classifieds?
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I am chomping at the bit to get a .308 build done. Did you see Slippers is selling a .308 receiver set in the WEVO Classifieds?
    Comp,

You should pick that set up. That's a steal. You could always put another project on the backburner for a few weeks or a month...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Comp,

You should pick that set up. That's a steal. You could always put another project on the backburner for a few weeks or a month...
    I second this. Before I buy something I don't need at such awesome price!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Comp,

Money is tied up right now. A unplanned trip to Alabama came up I have to go down this weekend to visit some family and pick up some things. Namely my matching serial # set of Belgium made Browning shotguns, M1 Garand, and a few other things that used to belong to my Grandfather that my dad is passing on to me. And before anyone asks no nothing bad has happened just my brother is getting deployed and putting stuff in a storage room and these are things I would prefer not to be in a storage locker. So it is worth the money to trip down and pick these things up so they do not have to sit in storage for 6+ months.

If I was not going on this trip I would have told slippers to delete that post cause it really is a smoking hot deal on that set. I honestly will not have the money for it till mid January if it is still there I will be all over it, if not I will be ordering from Aero in January.
    Last edited by Computalotapus; 17 November 2014 at 10:26.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been putting a list together.

Arisaka mount/body.
    I plan on an Aero upper for this pistol build.
    Plan on a few ETS mags.
    My build after this pistol will be with the Joe Bob Billet set.
    Looking to pick up a VLTOR stock to replace this UBR.
    BCM and Great Lakes Ammo was already on the list.

Wife ordered my Sig Brace from Optics Planet.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm making some mental notes of things I want too. I'm not buying anything until the giveaway is over. Should I win something, being fairly new to the AR game, it could steer my next purchase.

A definite purchase will be a new 50mm scope for my .308 SPS Tactical from optics planet. I cut some corners due to money when I bought the one that's on it, and it has a hard time holding zero now.

I've learned about quite a few companies through this, so a win of some sort would be nice, just as a 'guide'

I do have a M&P .22 coming from palmetto state armory as we speak

Downloads
    Uploads
    so good to see everyone supporting the sponsors! I forgot to mention the Multitasker tool, Umbrella BCG and Aero barel I now own... and probably going to use Aero for my 10½" 5.56 barrel as well.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    so good to see everyone supporting the sponsors! I forgot to mention the Multitasker tool, Umbrella BCG and Aero barel I now own... and probably going to use Aero for my 10½" 5.56 barrel as well.
    What do you think of the multitasker tool? Been eyeing that myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    The multitasker series three as well as the emerson/multitasker edc-2 are incredible tools. I don't own either but have handled both. They are both on my Xmas list.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    Well... depends. If you want small, light and inexpensive don't buy it!

But... if you want solid, sturdy, handy, effective and just overall coolness, buy all means get one!

I just got it last week so have not really done much with it. However, I did sit in front of the last 2 shows of the Walking Dead last night and cleaned some guns, of which I tried the carbon scraper tool and I gotta say that thing is sweet- it seems to have the perfect angle for scraping a bolt. The tool has a VERY solid feel to it, the machining is top notch, the tools lock perfectly (that do lock) and you get the feeling it will be a long life tool. I like that you can screw on normal thread sized cleaning implements like brushes and such.

It will be a great tool in my range box. I'm sure I'll get some more use out of it soon, but as of now I haven't spent enough time with it to really review it. But I can say I do not regret getting it.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well after winning the Wolvie barrel and ALG I had to get an upper receiver. After looking at all those CMT's I couldn't resist so ended up buying a UPR-4.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do it comp...
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 18 November 2014 at 00:25.

Downloads
    Uploads
    small list of a few places i need to drop a few coins
    rainierarms.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info SwissyJim... Sounds like it stays on the list

Parallax tactical and BDL Custom are two companies I have not heard about before this. Both will get some of my dollars in the near future.