Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    can't buy till after Christmas... 4 teen kids get fucking expensive quick.... my wife may have bought me something though
    My only fear is that when I die.... my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't bought a whole lot since Christmas is coming up. I might have ordered some stuff for my wife to give me for Christmas (she takes the mystery out of Christmas) A MI SS hand guard for a pistol that I hate the upper set up. A Sig Brace. I wouldn't buy one for myself but as a gift..................... Probably a better muzzle device for the pistol also. That thing is loud. I need to throw that hot mess forward.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBomb View Post
    Probably a better muzzle device for the pistol also. That thing is loud. I need to throw that hot mess forward.
    You may want to check this one out.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...nt-Linear-Comp
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RobSWVA View Post
    ordered myself an upper and lower (blems) from Black Forge this past week and should be arriving in the next couple of days. Can't wait to get this build off the ground. hopefully will have some parts kits ordered by Dec. and putting some pieces together
    A little update on my purchase. Black Forge has awesome turn around time. Ordered early afternoon on Friday, and in my hands on Tuesday morning. Can't beat that, especially for free shipping. Please excuse the paper lint from the packaging on the receivers, was too excited to share to worry about perfection with my picture.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A little update on my purchase. Black Forge has awesome turn around time. Ordered early afternoon on Friday, and in my hands on Tuesday morning. Can't beat that, especially for free shipping. Please excuse the paper lint from the packaging on the receivers, was too excited to share to worry about perfection with my picture.

I didn't even know Black Forge made receivers or branded some.

What made you decide on them vs. the other sponsors? Price? Previous experience?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I didn't even know Black Forge made receivers or branded some.

What made you decide on them vs. the other sponsors? Price? Previous experience?
    Well, for one the price, 59.95 each for blems. Plus they are one of the first manufacturers that I have been following since picking up the build bug, so I have had my mind on their receivers for a while now. Also, I like supporting the smaller businesses where and when I can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, for one the price, 59.95 each for blems. Plus they are one of the first manufacturers that I have been following since picking up the build bug, so I have had my mind on their receivers for a while now. Also, I like supporting the smaller businesses where and when I can.
    I admit... I was tempted for a few seconds by the Bushmaster lowers at Brownells for $49.99

Not because I think Bushmaster is all that, but my first AR was a Bushmaster, and I kind of wanted a lower for memories sake. Might still get one. Having said that, $59.95 for blems is a great deal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Primary Arms had Anderson lowers for $39.95 but I think they went back up to $49.95.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Primary Arms had Anderson lowers for $39.95 but I think they went back up to $49.95.
    Anderson Lowers just look like they should be $39.99

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're uppers are like $34.

Gonna order one here when I get a chance.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't win anything so I bought a surefire suppressor yesterday... :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    BCM Mod 3 grip. BCM KAG. SF 6p Defender. Arisaka mount.

I have 3 spare lowers plus a cerakoted Aero lower and upper. Think I'll build a .300 after Christmas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I won a FB prize, which I recall is different from the forum prizes.

Bought me a CMC single stage 3.5lb flat trigger. Planning on a CMT billet upper OR the new Fortis Billet upper. maybe some face stabbers. Im really trying hard to save for a Centurion Arms 14.5 barrel. Its not one of their prizes but I need and want one.

Why so many awesome things to buy but so little money? I should of went into a different field but the funny stories I have are so great that people just dont believe me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nCarnage View Post
    I won a FB prize, which I recall is different from the forum prizes.

Bought me a CMC single stage 3.5lb flat trigger. Planning on a CMT billet upper OR the new Fortis Billet upper. maybe some face stabbers. Im really trying hard to save for a Centurion Arms 14.5 barrel. Its not one of their prizes but I need and want one.

Why so many awesome things to buy but so little money? I should of went into a different field but the funny stories I have are so great that people just dont believe me.
    I've not seen the Centurion 14.5" made in awhile. The ones that Monty used to sell were the 16" that had been cut down to 14.5", that meant that you lost about 1.5" of the internal taper of the bore. The last barrels I've seen them offer were 14.7" carbine length gas system. A 14.5" BCM ELW would be killer with that build, the reviews have been great for that barrel.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I admit... I was tempted for a few seconds by the Bushmaster lowers at Brownells for $49.99

Not because I think Bushmaster is all that, but my first AR was a Bushmaster, and I kind of wanted a lower for memories sake. Might still get one. Having said that, $59.95 for blems is a great deal.
    yep, and I'm not even sure that I found the blems. found some slight pitting of the finish in a very small area of the lower receiver, still haven't figured out the 'blem' on the upper receiver. Probably some almost non existent scratch or ding. That just goes to show a quality product though, when even the 'blemished' products are virtually indistinguishable from the premium line.

Speaking of Anderson receivers, I had the option to buy a complete one w/ the stock and everything at the local shop, but once I budgeted out that versus buying parts and building my own, it was cheaper to do the latter option so I ordered from Black Forge. So why go w/ Anderson when you can get a better quality receiver (personal opinion) and build a lower for cheaper? Plus the shop wanted like 85 for a stripped Anderson, so it was a no brainer; and I always feel better about supporting the smaller manufacturers than buying from the mega businesses and more established brands.
    Last edited by RobSWVA; 20 November 2014 at 18:39.