Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    It may improve longevity but not accuracy.
    I will ask them tommorrow....

If I ever DO really want to build a tack driver gun... and I invest in a nice stainless match grade barrel, I would probably send that thing straight to them to get it done.

But for MY AR I don't think it's really needed. If I find out I really can get 10,000+ rounds through it as is.... hell, I've gotten my money worth.

I am learning that the devil really is in the details.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I read that John Noveske interview numerous times. I didn't buy a barrel but I've bought numerous items because of that man.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I'm not going to lie. That interview is one of the reasons I purchased a Noveske SPR barrel a year ago for my precision setup. It was expensive, but I love it.
    Pics or I don't believe you

Do tell. What did you build? Give us the low down....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I read that John Noveske interview numerous times. I didn't buy a barrel but I've bought numerous items because of that man.

This is my first time to even see it, but man, that is very valuable. It's bookmarked...

Downloads
    Uploads
    From I've seen of my friends, if you get into that tack driver mentality you'll be changing barrels quite often. Them long range guys have a bad case of obsessive compulsive.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Our stainless comes in around 32 on the Rockwell C scale, and that’s harder even than the call-out for the M16 barrel.
    Now the question is, how many rounds down range can a standard M16 barrel get before it's shot out?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I'm not going to lie. That interview is one of the reasons I purchased a Noveske SPR barrel a year ago for my precision setup. It was expensive, but I love it.
    I have a noveske stainless on my blackout, and I love it. I have a BHW barrel on my spr, and I love it as well. Time will tell how long they last. I don't have enough money in the BHW barrel to be worried about replacing it at 5k rounds. The noveske is a little different at $400+ per barrel, but I don't see myself shooting that much .300blk in a short timeframe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    From I've seen of my friends, if you get into that tack driver mentality you'll be changing barrels quite often. Them long range guys have a bad case of obsessive compulsive.

I am fascinated by it. The whole lot of it. Just this thread alone shows more science and engineering than most people ever attribute to 'guns'... its all just fascinating. If I start dipping into some lottery money you better believe I am gonna have some awesome stuff....I will only buy what the wallet can bear...but for my purposes I am happy where I am at so far...

For me though, learning, and getting into the details about stuff (like this) is great. It's all part of the fun of shooting. To me it's not just a 'bang that's it' kind of thing...There are a ton of people who know 'something'...but not a lot who 'really know'...

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.tntesales.com/wmd-m-4-nitromet-barrel/

Description:
    The NitrometTM Barrel is salt bath nitrocarburized inside and out for extended life, long lasting accuracy, and a tough, durable black finish. Barrel life is 50% greater than that of hard chrome. 1:7 twist, 16" M4 profile, 4150 Chrome Molybdenum Vanadium substrate, carbine length gas tube. This barrel is match grade with MOA or better using quality ammo. An NiB-X coated barrel extension is assembled to the barrel for the smoothest locking/unlocking action possible. A perfect compliment to an NiB-X coated bolt carrier group.

----

but no comparison to a hard stainless steel...at least not in that description...

Downloads
    Uploads
    As much as your getting into barrels you know optics is next. I see a Nightforce or similar in your future.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    What am I supposed to be looking at there?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought you were researching Nitrocarberized barrels. They make some great barrels. Heres the one I used on my last build: https://specialopstactical.com/produ...idlength-copy/

Downloads
    Uploads
    As much as your getting into barrels you know optics is next. I see a Nightforce or similar in your future.

Oh man, you nailed it. I am only testing out this optic I have now... I didn't want to go broke so I compromised on the optic (for now)...but I very much do want something like that...

I have this uncanny ability... if you blindfold me and put me in a room with products... 9 times out of 10 I will go straight to the most expensive stuff out there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know the feeling brother. But if your shooting distance that's not a bad problem.
    flickr
    facebook